Main Menu

Ride Sat 8/23 to Grass Valley via 49 for lunch

Started by RichVee4, August 20, 2014, 08:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

I am planning a ride to Grass Valley for lunch Sat to a favorite bagel shop.  Bubbas bagels, they have great sandwiches, well worth the trip and the ride there on 49 is spectacular.

Route will be 80 to Truckee, 89 to 49.  49 to Grass Valley.  Return trip will be more direct and faster, hwy 20 to 80 then 80 Reno.

Weather is too nice to not get our and ride. Grass Valley high of 83 Sat.  

I will be at *bucks on N McCarran at 8:30 and plan to leave by 8:45ish.

Let me know if you want to come along!
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

It looks like my plans are changing for this weekend.  I wasn't planning on doing any riding, b/c I was suppose to go out of town, but now I don't.

This sounds like fun.  Count me in!  Except, my bike won't like it if I go back on I-80.  She insists I find the curviest road back, so I may have to go back via Gold Lake La Porte Yuba.  That pass!   :P

I don't even like bagels.  :|)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

Sounds like a great plan Rich me boy! You can tentatively count this old war horse IN!!
Is Mrs. Sprint going? If she doesn't go, I don't go!!  ;D

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

Man, you guys are hard to please.

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 20, 2014, 10:19:17 AM

I don't even like bagels.  :|)

I think you may change your mind after one of bubbas bagels :)  If you dont get there early they usually sell out.  Glad you can join.  Like you said there are lots of return options depending on how much time you have.

Quote from: nvgixxer on August 20, 2014, 10:50:05 AM
Is Mrs. Sprint going? If she doesn't go, I don't go!!  ;D

She'll get a kick out of that.  I guess I should invite her too :)

288RR

I'm a very strong maybe.  Pending if I have to work.  If I don't have to I'll be out on a ride again

flamecrow

I'm planning on heading to Sacramento on Saturday morning and staying for the weekend. Was going to head there early morning but if you guys are already heading that way, I might just "bike pool" with you guys until we separate ways at 89 :)

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on August 20, 2014, 11:18:11 AM
Man, you guys are hard to please.

I think you may change your mind after one of bubbas bagels :)  If you dont get there early they usually sell out.  Glad you can join.  Like you said there are lots of return options depending on how much time you have...
For me, those are one option.  :evil1  If I could figure out how to tie them into a 'via Tioga,' I would.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Flame/288, always a pleasure have you guys along!

288, we'll have to pick an action-shot corner to see how you're progressing.

RichVee4

Daniel, good to hear from you!!  Was starting to think we need to track you down :)  Hope you can make it.

Tim,  Bike pool sounds like a great idea, always nice to have someone with you.  If you went to Grass Valley with us you could take hwy 49 to Auburn and bypass a big section of 80!!

288RR

Quote from: RichVee4 on August 20, 2014, 05:39:29 PM
Daniel, good to hear from you!!  Was starting to think we need to track you down :)  Hope you can make

Oh I know it's been way to long since I have been out.  Between working last week, going to bishop, and having to go to LA I have had zero time.

RichVee4

TGIF  :)   Looking forward to our ride in the morning!!  Daniel, were you able to clear your schedule? 

288RR

nvgixxer

Whew.......4:50am and it feels rather chilly out there this morning. Hey Rich, I'll be there, looking forward to doing the Sierraville/Downieville loop again, don't leave home without me. ;D
Looks like a small turn out, but that's no big deal, we gotta ride! I wonder if GM will show, since I see by the other thread he's planning on going out Sunday goat trailing with Mel. I'd go with them but my son won't loan me his quad!  ;D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

GM is iffy on this ride?  That guy sucks!  We'll ride with or without him.

Looking forward to it today, but a little slow.   It's pretty cold outside too.  I'll have to change back to my cold gear for today.

flamecrow