Main Menu

Roll Call - Bucks Lake 07/20/14

Started by GreenMachine, July 14, 2014, 11:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

8:30 AM 8:00 START unless I can convince everyone of starting 30 minutes earlier.

All the votes are for 8:00 AM start on Sunday 07/20/14, North route starbucks.

RSVP* if you're interested in participating in another one of our epic rides.  If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.

This is a C+ skill level ride and it is a full day ride.  Bucks lake is a north route ride.  Once at our destination, the group will decide on where to stop for lunch.  Sometimes that has been Oroville and other times that has been Quincy.  We may even decide to pick up an additional nearby summit route, who knows!

If you like to ride and enjoy riding long distances through pine lined twisty roads, you won't be disappointed.

* RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Count me in.  You can convince me to start at 8am.  Heck last weekend we made it to Carson before 8am and this start is only 5 minutes from my house.  I am on call the following weekend so will get my fill of riding this weekend.  
Live long and prosper \V/

Bigcat

I did Bucks lake last Sunday with some FJR folks and it was perfect. I should be in for this one. An earlier start is fine with me. :)

GreenMachine

So two votes for 8:00 or earlier?  I'm all for that!

I'll keep everyone posted.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Does the blackbird get to come out and play :)

RichVee4

Daniel, Scott??   Just watched the video GM posted from our last time on bucks lake rd and looks like we need another lap :)  Temps should even be more tolerable this time!!   Man it was toasty last time.   

288RR

Quote from: Richman on July 16, 2014, 09:04:39 PM
Daniel, Scott??   Just watched the video GM posted from our last time on bucks lake rd and looks like we need another lap :)  Temps should even be more tolerable this time!!   Man it was toasty last time.   
I might be able to.  I'll have to see what time the family will be in town

slmoto

Quote from: Richman on July 16, 2014, 09:04:39 PM

I'm on the fence still. I'm doing the newbie ride on Sat and I'm still not back from the Bay Area from the SBK race this past weekend so I need to see if how much work I'm able to catch up on when I get back tomorrow. I really do want to make it, it was a really fun ride last time and I'll probably be wanting to get some seat time in and practice any new techniques or suggestions on improving I may pick up on the newbie ride. I'll post up on Friday evening if I can make it or not.

Mel

I was checking the weather for the newbie ride on Sat and all was good, but saw that for Sun up in that whole Quincy area there was a strong chance of rain. Just something to keep an eye on, but things can change for sure.

Mel

GreenMachine

Rain?  What rain!  I don't see no stinking rain. 

I'm thinking we'll be outta Dodge before cloud formations become an issue.  Cloud cover good.  Lightning bad.

Mel

Yeah, but lightning keeps your throttle and braking skills sharp LOL!!

rg500nut

Gamma Nut is in.  Just post start time Saturday...........
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

All the votes are for 8:00 AM start on Sunday 07/20/14, North route starbucks.

slmoto

I think I'm in, 8 sounds good to me too.

I should really be catching up with work but I can't resist and I know I'll be kicking myself when I'm sitting inside working knowing I could be out riding instead.

GreenMachine