Main Menu

Roll Call - La Porte road 8:30 AM 07/06/14

Started by GreenMachine, June 30, 2014, 07:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

We should start calling this route the widow maker.   :o  :-[

I won't be leading this ride.  I think I got my fill of La Porte road yesterday and I have to prep for the following WSBK weekend after that.

For anyone interested in doing this ride, it's a north route ride.  Please RSVP, so others will know who's coming.  Be careful going in.  Like I said, I was there yesterday and the conditions at the 10 MPH hairpin and thereafter for the next 4 miles are atrociously diabolical!  Expect splintered fallen rocks, sand & gravel all over corners from trailers sweeping crap onto the roads in the worst possible locations.  In other words, what Mel would call ideal.   I'd recommend, that you all go into survival mode until it clears up half way (15 miles) in.  Better safe than sorry.  The newly paved section from there all the way out to La Porte is said to be fine.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

BC-2

I would join you but I'll be out of town for the 4th.

nvgixxer

Quote from: BC-2 on June 30, 2014, 05:55:14 PM
Bummer BC-2, I was going to invite you to explore Monitor Pass on Saturday. Oh well, another time.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

dub

Speaking of exploring Monitor Pass, yesterday I was down in Gville and decided to take the long way home over Monitor. When I got to Valley of the Tall Gears, as Alan used to call it, I just hung a right off the highway and started exploring out in the wilderness.

Something like this:

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

BC-2

Quote from: nvgixxer on June 30, 2014, 07:59:49 PM
Quote from: BC-2 on June 30, 2014, 05:55:14 PM
Bummer BC-2, I was going to invite you to explore Monitor Pass on Saturday. Oh well, another time.

Jimbo

Awe, rain check please!

RocketRider

I am an absolute definite maybe. Not sure my fat ass is up to a long ride just yet, still getting the riding legs back so to speak
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Well that's one.   RR, so far you're the leader and sweeper on this ride.  Try to not outdistance yourself.

BTW, how's the bike running?  Do you trust it for more than 10 miles?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Bike seems to be ticking over well. Commuted the past couple weeks on it without drama so I decided she earned her stripes today and put the fairings back on.
Gotta say being down 80hp is boring :P. Oh well. If I'm the only one I may just try to sucker some people for my standard gieger grade cruise. Will post up. Hope to see you all out on the streets soon!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Probably very true.  The biggest baddest bike I've ridden was a 1200, but the weight evened some of the acceleration out by comparison. 

I see you on a newer generation 1000 here in the next couple years.

nvgixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 04, 2014, 08:20:50 PM
Probably very true.  The biggest baddest bike I've ridden was a 1200, but the weight evened some of the acceleration out by comparison. 

I see you on a newer generation 1000 here in the next couple years.
That may have been the baddest bike you've ridden, but it ain't the baddest bike you've ridden WITH!!  ;D
BTW, Monitor has my name written all over it Sunday morning!

nvgixxer

Quote from: dub on June 30, 2014, 09:01:03 PM
Speaking of exploring Monitor Pass, yesterday I was down in Gville and decided to take the long way home over Monitor. When I got to Valley of the Tall Gears, as Alan used to call it, I just hung a right off the highway and started exploring out in the wilderness.

Something like this:

Hey, I like that that, 'Valley of tall gears" ! You mean something like this?  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5VXp5JncmY

PAPASMURF

anyone still going on the La Porte ride? will be there at star schmucks around 8 or so. if not will try the short ride.
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

I was doing home repairs, gearing up for painting the exterior.  Sweating my arse off in the process. 

What did everyone do without me?

288RR

Drank way to much beer,  so the bike stayed parked