Main Menu

Roll call for 5/30 ride

Started by bkrblood, May 25, 2010, 04:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

whos going? hopefully this weeks weather wont make condidtions to bad
John Bovet

GreenMachine

Pizza in Nevada City?  Uh okay, I'm in!  Don't be surprised if I break off afterwords.  Hwy 20 & I-80 are kinda dull and I like picking up an Drumstick sundae cone and watching people go by in Sierra City.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

mase

If the weather is good I'll be in. 
Sean Mason

bkrblood

Quote from: mase on May 25, 2010, 07:02:08 PM
If the weather is good I'll be in. 

weather is showing 78 in reno for sunday so should be great!
John Bovet

Bigcat

Perfect riding weather today. Should be even better tomorrow. GM, i'm with you on the return leg. Drumsticks all around. Who's in?

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Qwik

Im in... now this is some riding weather!
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

GreenMachine

Glad I could take one for the team at the tail end of the day!  ;)  These bikes are such ticket magnets.   But everyone made the ride safely, w/o any LEO incidents and had a ball of an afternoon.  Awesome group of riders.

Pondering the 300 miles or so while we took a break in Quincy.

After our initial warm up...

How'd we get to Quincy from Downieville anyway?  Don't ask.  But the ice cream was a nice treat.

Can't say why BigCat is smiling, but it probably had to do with his cat-like LEO detection.  He kept us out of trouble.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Qwik

I had a lot of fun yesterday riding with you guys.  Thanks again for showing me some great roads.

Tahoebrian5

Awesome ride! All 10 hours of it... I was in a serious daze when I pulled in the driveway. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks much to bigcat for cleaning up my wallet yardsale after I decided to see how fast I could ride with it on the back seat. Ian is seriuosly talented given three months on the bike. And GM.... well he is very colorful. Haha, good times, thanks guys.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Qwik

I was beat to but cant wait to do it again. You can call me Ian if you keep taking me on awesome rides like yesterday and showing me great lines but most call me Aaron  ;D

GreenMachine

I blame BigCat for that.  ::)

Tahoebrian5

Aaron? It's either my hearing or BC's memory

Bigcat

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 31, 2010, 11:22:50 AM
Aaron? It's either my hearing or BC's memory

Brian is it?  your hearing is just fine. :D  Sorry Aaron. Getting old/er sucks. I take full blame. I'm sure it the ear plugs, no wait, the lack of sufficient quantities of caffeine, or!!, oh nevermind. I sure hope that everyone else had a great day because you all missed a fantastic ride.

The cool action pics we took on a secure, closed course with emergency personnel standing by came out great. PM me with your emails and i'll see if I can figure out how to send them to you. ;D

Until next time,

Gato Grande

Tahoebrian5

Nice avatar GG... I swear I recognize that turn