Main Menu

road conditions

Started by bkrblood, April 24, 2010, 06:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

hey just got back from a ride to v.c and back down. the road is really nice there are just a few spots that have some crap in the road but other than that its great. the rain/snow must have washed it all away!
John Bovet

youngster775

I didn't see you up there!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

bkrblood

lol i was just up there for a little what do you ride?
John Bovet

Justin

Chances are good it was yamaha (yellow anniversary edition.)
John,
I think i saw you headed on 395 south near Neil rd.  I was in a lifted 250 with a green kawi behind me.  Do you have an Arai helmet?

MotoPutz

bkrblood

Quote from: Justino on April 24, 2010, 07:28:28 PM
Chances are good it was yamaha (yellow anniversary edition.)
John,
I think i saw you headed on 395 south near Neil rd.  I was in a lifted 250 with a green kawi behind me.  Do you have an Arai helmet?

hjc helmet its the type that has the built in sunglasses thing. couldnt afford a nice helmet lol. i was riddin in my blue leathers.
John Bovet

Justin

guess it was somebody else who has great taste in bikes.

edmunsan

I saw Paul,Kim,Kevin. The whole Fam damily :D What a gloryous day. Had lunch @ VC truck route still sandy but not scetchy. The course was great according to a couple friends that raced today. Diane and I 2 up, rode truck route (good) down Gieger (good) over Mt Rose (good) South on 28 (clean) down spooner (fast) over to Genoa (scenic) up Kingsburry (swift n sweet) thru So. shore (crowded) over Luther pass (scenic) thru Woodfords badda bing we home at Gville. Can't miss with a BMW R1200 RT. Suspension set for 2 up on SPORT mode. Sunday choice between VC on the 675 Daytona or single track on the YZ or Yard work  ::) or home work :-\...........uuhh fu-- it single track ;)
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

MotoPutz

double post for the win (FTW)

Too bad I'm not a mod...    ;)

99 900ss duc

truck route was very dirty today and 5 nhp's on bikes runing radar..

GreenMachine

Many, like this guy, were just guarding the event cross-traffic on the truck route.  Although by the time we left, a squad car, SUV and MC NHP all showed up.    It was at that time I realized I should make a quiet getaway.   Came back late in the day and the roads seemed cleaner on both sides.  Dusty still, but not sandy.   Wills and I could see dust coming up from the others' tires.  Conditions are getting better and a lot of MCs out riding today. 

Probably better just to play it safe and sane for another couple weeks.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

bkrblood

careful now as we have seen from the other post taking pictures of the boys in blue might get you in trouble! lol
John Bovet

99 900ss duc

after my little  spin up truck route and back, i returned home and tammy and i did kingsbury and spooner, kingsbury has a little dirt on the down hill side of the summit going into tahoe, spooner was clean and smooth.

did see a new bmw 1000rr. mikey on his duc and scott on my old duc as well as tim from michaels carson were up enjoying the day. lots of bikes out on both runs.

Justin

Quote from: bkrblood on April 25, 2010, 07:08:39 PM
careful now as we have seen from the other post taking pictures of the boys in blue might get you in trouble! lol
LOL,  Good one!

crzydog

VC was a good time and good to see a ton of riders up there. Allen(XXXXL) was out riding with his green mohawk and TJ had the Aprilla 250 out. Perfect day but Geiger was dirty and way too much traffic both ways.
Dude, you were flying when I passed you....