Main Menu

exhaust baffle?

Started by bkrblood, April 07, 2010, 10:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

No big deal :D all my tickets have something to do with speeding, and no noise complaints :D.  I am not an expert its just Jason and I have been on a lot of road trips and we were stopped at least once each time. Either my pipes or Jason's pipes were in question.

I can not wait to hear this bike     (no screw)  ;D         

is that 2 to 6      lol

ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

edmunsan

Quote from: bkrblood on April 07, 2010, 10:38:34 PM
does anyone know if you have to have the baffle in for you pipe for the street?

Well bkrblood was your question answered or what? :D
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

bkrblood

Well bkrblood was your question answered or what? :D
[/quote]

lol hard to say lol i think ill just keep it in for now with the way the money is now a days i would rather have any lil extra i have go towards the bike and not to a ticket  ;D
John Bovet

MotoPutz

oldBolt

I would work on no noise drills.
Seeing a lot of people ride and listen to music when they ride, and electric bikes are silent( the future)
Seems best to be more engaged in throttle and breaking then is my can loud, which is not going to save your ass at all (IMO).
Nice bike, your suit looks good too.

My milk shake is .... (LOL)
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

bkrblood

Quote from: oldBolt on April 11, 2010, 03:20:26 PM
I would work on no noise drills.
Seeing a lot of people ride and listen to music when they ride, and electric bikes are silent( the future)
Seems best to be more engaged in throttle and breaking then is my can loud, which is not going to save your ass at all (IMO).
Nice bike, your suit looks good too.

My mike shake is .... (LOL)

that brings up another question wats the legality of ridding with headphones on? i never keep the tunes that loud  i can easily hear everything around me just didnt know. i mean people use bluetooths all the time
John Bovet

RedLeader

Again, as I understand it wearing headphones is illegal. Any type of headphone covering both ears is technically illegal. It doesn't matter if your in a car or on a bike. Somehow chatterbox's are legal though. Bluetooths are usually only in one ear so that is legal. That being said I almost always wear headphones when riding and I've never gotten in trouble when I've been pulled over. Just be careful.   
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

Justin

illegal, but i used to do it all the time.
Then I started riding at the track. Not only is it against the rules, but it's a terrible idea for all the same reasons it's not smart for the road.
The bike has become my music and now I don't want to miss a note.
I always always ride with earplugs.  Aural fatigue is a very real problem. 

Even though, I'm over it, my favorite street riding buddies DO listen to music.

edmunsan

AutoCom: Blue tooth navigation interphase, and phone, helmet to helmet, bike to bike, and audio, (ipod w/remote) speakers in helmet. music turns down when speaking or spoken to. No head phones involved. Great sound. Ear phones not legal, ear plugs (hearing protection). I can't understand the salad bowls those cruiser riders wear, that must be really loud.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.