Main Menu

So I went on a nice ride today......

Started by Trader914, June 07, 2009, 10:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trader914

Im sure this route is nothing new to most riders in this site....but for anyone very new, I did the following route and it was really nice.

Started from Reno to Virginia City....then to Carson City.
Had lunch at a mall between Carson and Minden.
Went up Kingsbury Grade into South Lake Tahoe.
Then up the West side of the Lake into Incline Village and up Mt. Rose Highway and back down into Reno. It was about 140 miles.

It got just a bit chilly towards the end on Mt. Rose but it was a beautiful ride overall.
All on my Ninja 250.
ha ha.

Justin

Hey! This sounds like court room testimony!
Where's the report?
What was your favorite part? 

Trader914

Favorite? Not sure - they were all good.
My least favorite is probably coming down on mt. Rose - only because I still scare myself at least 3 or 4 times at some of the turns.
My favorite is probably between up Kingsbury Grade only because the turns are big enough that i never had a scary moment.  but the part between Virginia City and Carson is very tranquil and peaceful....

Justin

Quote from: Trader914 on June 08, 2009, 11:16:33 AM
My least favorite is probably coming down on mt. Rose - only because I still scare myself at least 3 or 4 times at some of the turns.
1. If you're scaring yourself, you got drop it down a notch.  You won't learn anything while frightened. You'll just ruin the opportunity to learn for that turn and the next three as you try to breath again.
2. Look as far down the road as possible.  You go where your eyes go