Main Menu

Truck Route Fatality

Started by n10sive, July 16, 2008, 04:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

RIP rider. Hope it wasn't one of ours :(

QuoteA 24-year-old Virginia City man died this morning in a motorcycle accident on State Route 342 in Gold Hill.
Nevada Highway Patrol Sgt. Blair Harkleroad said Joshua Spriggs was southbound just south of the railroad tracks in Gold Hill when he lost control of his Suzuki motorcycle.
Spriggs was pronounced dead at the scene.
Harkleroad said the accident remains under investigation.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

weavefish

yea its allways sad to hear of another rider going down for good. i hate to hear it...
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Timex

RIP Joshua.  Just a kid.  There seems to have been a higher occurance of accidents recently.  I just heard about another one by a teammate of mine on Hasty Team.  He's still in the hospital but should be ok.  And Mike today on Ebbitts.

Ride safe and aware!

Adiggity

JENX!!!

always sad to hear about stuff like this......
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

nvgixxer

Very sad indeed! it wasn't on the truck route, but rather by that railroad Xing by Gold Hill.
They showed a 3 second or so pic of the Suzuki on it's side during the news report last night, it looked to me to be a blue SV650.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Noleftturn

That's horrible very sad.   :-[  Never good to hear of another rider going down.

weavefish

just read this online.

"The Nevada Highway Patrol said Spriggs was driving south on Nevada 342 about 6:45 a.m. when for an unknown reason his motorcycle crossed the center and left the other side of the road"
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

What is even more sad....he is an Afghan army vet...and best friends of a kid we just buried here in Gardnerville who was killed in Afghanistan :( So he and his family were already grieving the loss of his friend.

So again...RIP Rider and Soldier and thank you for your service! :salute
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justin

weavefish

Quote from: Justino on July 17, 2008, 08:57:38 PM
suicide?

no i dont think so. this is off the channle 2 website

"A local Iraq War veteran was killed Wednesday morning in a motorcycle accident in Storey County.
The 6:45am accident happened on State Route 342 at Gold Hill.
State troopers say 24-year-old Joshua Spriggs was going south when he lost control of his motorcycle.
Troopers say Spriggs went over the center line and crashed off the side of the road and into the side of a business.
Spriggs died at the scene.
Channel 2 interviewed Spriggs in May of last year after his best friend and fellow soldier Anthony Schober was killed in Baghdad during an ambush.
Friends called the newsroom and told us Spriggs leaves behind a wife and a young son and daughter. "

Justin

i see. my thoughts are with his family.