Main Menu

Target Fixation

Started by trent, October 23, 2008, 11:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trent

There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Adiggity

A great example for corner workers and what not to do. The time you have to react to things like that when your racing is very small. That race should've been red flagged before the turn workers went out there. Even if they hadn't been there that guy probably would've hit the bike that they were picking up. Again, it should've been red flagged. Just bad race management imo.

yzinger

wow...uh, donde estas the red flag?????? And it is funny (in the ironic way, not the hahah way) that the ONE guy who was smart enough to get off the track, came back out to help the not-smart people

Justin

I found out about target fixation the hard way.
I was riding with a group out of Atlanta.  The pace was spirited. We were on our way back from the North Georgia mountains.  I was leading the ride.
We brought our pace down to 50mph for 4 or 5 miles as I was target fixated on the girl on the back of her boyfriends bike.  I can remember the victoria secrets thong as if it were yesterday.
5 minutes of following her on a highway, and I was like "Hey! What the hell am I doing?"

That's target fixation.

D1NO

Quote from: Justino on October 23, 2008, 09:16:04 PM
I found out about target fixation the hard way.
I was riding with a group out of Atlanta.  The pace was spirited. We were on our way back from the North Georgia mountains.  I was leading the ride.
We brought our pace down to 50mph for 4 or 5 miles as I was target fixated on the girl on the back of her boyfriends bike.  I can remember the victoria secrets thong as if it were yesterday.
5 minutes of following her on a highway, and I was like "Hey! What the hell am I doing?"

That's target fixation.

I don't know what you're talking about Justin.. ::) That situation would actually keep me alert and very well energized...  :P :P :P

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on October 23, 2008, 09:16:04 PM

Gives a whole new meaning to "Man...I almost a** packed the bike in front of me!"  :D :D :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike