Main Menu

MotoGP Valencia Spain Make your picks NOW!

Started by A DRAGON, October 22, 2008, 03:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

reno240sx

I think there is a point system to it. For example, if you had Rossi first you would get two points because he placed third. I'm not exactly sure how it works. I just make my picks and figure someone will tell me if I won.  ::)

A DRAGON

Yes you have to pic the winner FIRST !!  WE then go from there. I'm sorry I haven't checked the winner yet. That's what you must do first. Then if there's a tie who ever posted theirs first would win. They took the bigger risk.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

OK I agree Jenx has won. I'll have to look at the race again. I though Hayden took the hole shot but I don't remember was it pedrosa?  I'm going to bed.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

it was pedrosa...stoner took 1st from him in turn 2
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 29, 2008, 12:10:19 AM
OK I agree Jenx has won. I'll have to look at the race again. I though Hayden took the hole shot but I don't remember was it pedrosa?  

Quote from: weavefish on October 29, 2008, 06:04:49 AM
it was pedrosa...stoner took 1st from him in turn 2

Yup, that's right.

CBR Dave

If we are just picking the winner why are we putting the rest of our picks?  Shouldnt we just put the winner and the holeshot to simplify it.  I thought we were doing the top 5.  Not wining,  just trying to figure out what we are supposed to pick.  Personally I like picking the top 5, that way if someone is dominating the series its still fun to make picks on the other riders.  anyways, congrats Jenx on the win.

weavefish

Quote from: CBR Dave on October 29, 2008, 04:43:20 PM
  I thought we were doing the top 5.  Not wining,  just trying to figure out what we are supposed to pick.  Personally I like picking the top 5, that way if someone is dominating the series its still fun to make picks on the other riders.  anyways, congrats Jenx on the win.

i think that is the reason we pick the other 4 spots to narrow down the winner and if there should be a tie there is the hole shot and post time as tie breakers... just how i understood it  :-[

Mike Cullen

I spelled "hayden" correctly, I should win........... ;)

Justin

the original plan involved choosing all five and getting points based on the accuracy.  Jerome simplified the process of declaring the SSA winner.  (the change was made a couple races ago)

this was made known in a post, but i can't find it in a cursory search of all J's posts

A DRAGON

Dave you have to pic the winner. Then your picks matter we have to narrow down the field somehow. Does Valentino Know he's going to win? Does Stoner Know he's going to win? We all know one of them will win. But the fun part is who's 3rd of 4th or 5th.
You also get another chance to win if you pic the hole shot. If you tie. Then it reverts back to picking the winner. We can't split a gallon of oil.
If you make it to complicated I just don't have time for it. Just want to have some fun.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

CBR Dave

Thats cool.  I wasn't sure how it worked, and know I do, thanks. What the hell do you mean you dont have time to do it, you have a Italian V.P. and a Scottish treasurer.  You have the U.N behind you know. :D

Justin

Quote from: CBR Dave on October 30, 2008, 05:27:43 PM
You have the U.N behind you know. :D
Crap.  Now you guys all have to learn to speak French. (the language of the United Nations)

Jz

CBR Dave

I dont know how to speak in "surrender" *LOL*
[/quote]
:D :D :D

jlavallee

Bien, mon francais est rusty qu'est hors. Colice Tabernac!  :D