Main Menu

Sunday 10/19 Ride

Started by Resistor, October 16, 2008, 02:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resistor

The forcast is looking great.  Anyone interested on doing a ride?  I was thinking about leaving after 10 to let it warm up a bit in the morning.
2005 GSXR-600

oldBolt

You did say any body. Did you have a route in mind?  I was thinking that we could see what that Antelope Lake Ride would be like.  You know the one where we went to Lake Almanor instead because we didn't have a route.  The road looks twisty from Buntingville to the lake and back out to 89.  I attached a link where I let google bring it out back to 89.  The road should be paved. Other suggestions? Ideas?

The time sounds good, the usual pace? (startbucks)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=I-80+E&daddr=Antelope+Lake+CA+to:CA-89+to:39.402244,-120.201416&hl=en&geocode=FdpAWwIdFMfb-A%3B%3BFeOhYwIdiN7K-A%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=2&mrsp=3&sz=8&sll=40.279526,-121.008911&sspn=2.061809,3.515625&ie=UTF8&z=8
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bigcat

;D Russell, you were reading my mind. Both suggestions sound good to me. We may not see another weekend quite this nice again. Let's roll.

Resistor

Thanks for posting maps and suggestions that's awesome Brad.  There's a positive and a negative with the route.  That first section heading north on 395 will keep us warm in the morning since it's at lower elevation, but it will be a bit of a drone.  To throw another option on the table, I never made it up to LaPorte this year.  I really don't care where we go, I just want to RIDE!

Hey John, I look forward to riding with you this weekend!  Bring some ideas too, we can discuss a route at starbucks.
2005 GSXR-600

A DRAGON

I was thinking of doing Monitor Summit tomorrow. I have a friend on her Harley going.
Remember the last time we went over Yuba pass after a storm we I ran into some Ice and Sand. I think we should head South.  We can still meet at the Starbucks and turn keys around 10:30 to let it warm us a little bit. What do you think?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

how is the ride going to work and be back at LaVechia by 1pm?
If you guys come south, I'll ride back up to Reno with you for the races.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

weavefish

Quote from: n10sive on October 18, 2008, 09:06:55 PM
how is the ride going to work and be back at LaVechia by 1pm?
If you guys come south, I'll ride back up to Reno with you for the races.

the meeting is on the 26th  :o
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

doh!

ok...well if they are heading south...still might meet up. And if south...will they be stopping to pick up Carson riders?

Sierra Slider

Resistor,  La Port sounds great. ;) I am willing to head north, almost anywhere. I am kind of burnt on the south. Besides I am headed that way while leading a dual sport ride next weekend.  ::)

Bigcat, Risistor, BMW Dave wow....Sounds like we have a family reunion in the making   :D
Oh' what starbucks. I would guess the west side???
RUN IT IN DEEP AND POWERSLIDE HER!!!
WORK'S FOR ME....
YA YA I KNOW,  BUT SHE LIKES IT

Dandelion

I don't think Dale's going to make it anyways, stuff came up at work this morning.

A DRAGON

We'll stop at the Starbucks in Carson for about 10 minutes We'll be there from 11:30 to 11:45 then well head to Markleeville. Should be in Markleeville around 12:30 .   See yeah on the ride.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

got snagged by a client this morning and will be spending my ride day WORKING :cry:

Sorry Jerome...maybe I can ride with you another day :(

A DRAGON

What a wonderful ride today. Thanks to all who made it happen. Magdelyn and Bee made the ride so enjoyable. KLR Dave always good to ride with you. Russell and Big Cat you two always make the ride normal and having you there with your involvement makes everyone much safer.  You OLDBOLT your the reason we do what we do. All your comments make the rides worth while. Thanks Guys I really had fun. I was just like old times.
I have never had dinner in the other Resturant where all the harley's go. Man that place was pretty cool. It took a while to get our food, but when it got there it was hot and tasty.
Let's do it again next Sunday if the weather holds up?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

next sunday is the SSA meeting el Dragon ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Resistor

Forget the meeging, lets RIDE!  :o  :P

Yep a great ride.  Thanks for the good company and great laughs, it really made my weekend!
2005 GSXR-600