Main Menu

SSA Plans for 2009

Started by Dandelion, October 09, 2008, 02:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

SSA MEETING ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 26TH AT LA VECCHIA AND 1:00 PM  I willl have your t-shirts and you can buy extras if you want. This will be the only meeting till our New Years Eve party at La Vecchia. We will have a Track Day Meeting in January to get lined out for the new year. So please make this meeting on Sunday the 26th.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Allright, the 26th it is. Please reply/sign in here http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=759.0
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

JENX!!!

Im working that weekend...wont be able to make it. :'(
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

Quote from: JENX!!! on October 19, 2008, 11:46:29 AM

ill take notes for you  ::)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Johnny

Quote from: weavefish on October 19, 2008, 12:28:52 PM
Quote from: JENX!!! on October 19, 2008, 11:46:29 AM

ill take notes for you  ::)

I gotta work too :( be sure you post up the notes though....  Come to think of it... I might have to call in sick since Alberto is offering free food!  Very tempting!  I'm going to try to get this off.

Dave, when it comes to the Sunday rides I actually volunteer and enjoy being the sweeper :)  I certainly can't afford to have tickets!  I go to the track for my high speed needs too.

weavefish

once Alberto's cousin gets done at petes work place he can head to yours!
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Johnny

Quote from: weavefish on October 19, 2008, 07:01:45 PM
once Alberto's cousin gets done at petes work place he can head to yours!

Cool!  Since he's coming all the way up here in South Lake Tahoe please have him bring me the Chicken Parmesan and the egg less custard.  I'm doing a project for Search & Rescue and we'll be at the top of Aloha lake (elevation 10,0000 ft and no roads).  If he really wants to come over I'll give him the coordinate so he can look us up in the usfs maps ;)  Enjoy the hike.

A DRAGON

Hope you can make it Johnny. I also want to have a meeting for the Track Day Staff in January. Let me know what Sunday is good for you Johnny. We'll go form there. I'd like to accommodate you as much as I can. Because you have to come so far.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

TedG

I am a new guy here, but I want to say something.
I have known Jerome for many years and I'm pretty sure I knew him before he ever laid a leg over a motorcycle.
But I don't think I have ever met anyone that could bring a bunch of motorcyclists together with the enthusiasm he does. I also don't think I have met anyone who is as personable, always happy to bring people together. Kudos to you Jerome.
2009 Concours 14 (ABS)
2005 Green ZX10 (the fast color) for sale
2018 Kawasaki H2

MotoPutz

Sounds like if you go over to Ted's house you might alittle something something tonight   :o ;) ;)

TedG

Quote from: Putz on October 21, 2008, 09:49:14 AM
Sounds like if you go over to Ted's house you might alittle something something tonight   :o ;) ;)
The only thing one will find at my house is lots of Snap-on tools and motorcycles. Oh yeah I was a motorcycle mechanic in my younger years, factory trained Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM, BMW, Triumph, BSA, Can-AM, just to name a few. The original gear head.
2009 Concours 14 (ABS)
2005 Green ZX10 (the fast color) for sale
2018 Kawasaki H2

cobra23

TedG,

Snap on tools and motorcycles, outstanding priority list. Jerome, I met him twice, he is definately a top notch person.

I would really like to help out, but have not even had the time to do a Sunday ride. I work a whole bunch. If there are some behind the scenes tasks that need to happen on a flexible schedule I would be happy to do that.

The last thing I want to do is volunteer, then fail due to a work conflict. The last SSA trackday, I was working at my "other" job at Reno Fernley raceway, so at least got to watch the club having fun.

I am going to try very hard to be at the meeting on Sunday.

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

TedG Thanks for the kind words. What can I say but thank you. Just remember I'm a product of my environment. Guys like you create this. I'm just a part in the big wheel.
Cobra23 Thank you to for the kind words. I know you can't be there all the time. But when you get time your on the forum. That's Hugh to. Don't discount your contribution. Just having someone like you on the forum to answer Questions and post are pretty cool. If you happen to meet someone on a bike please tell them about the club. That helps to.
Hope to see you at the meeting on Sunday.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

rrgurl

I have only been able to attend maybe half a dozen bike nights and was unable to make a track day in 08. However, so far I really like what I see. Although the brethren in this club seems to be very close, no one is excluded and you all seem very open to help anyone with the desire to put a little rubber on the road.
I would love to become more involved during the off season as well as even more so during 09. I have some talent I can provide to the club.
I'm an journalist and photographer and would love to work on some articles for the local media throughout next season. Possibly even get some things written for some of the cycle magazines where I have a few contacts. Sometimes one simply needs to get information out to the public about organizations like this one.
I look forward to meeting those of you I have not already talked to and those of you I have talked to as well.
My goal for the winter is to get more involved with you guys, get my bike all dialed in for next season, get the gear I need for the track and get in better shape for next season.  ;)
What can I say...I'm just a silly girl on a not so silly bike.