Main Menu

SSA Plans for 2009

Started by Dandelion, October 09, 2008, 02:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

There is no doubt that SSA is the premier sportbike MC in Northern Nevada. We ride, race, get toghether for all kinds of activities and unity and camaraderie are abjectives that come to mind when I think about this club. From just a couple of years ago where SSA was all but disappearing to today 200+ strong membership we have grown and flourished and now we are better than ever. I joined few years back (I still had a Beemer) and the one figure that has always been present and cared for the club has been Jerome. I believe that  he should officially be elected president and perhaps few other volounteers could be elected as board members and participate actively in helping choose and achieve the goals and directives we want the club to pursue. As the Dragon says, commitment is key; you get out of the club what you put in! . I look forward to the next season (as well as our off season get-together) with trackdays, barbeques and bench racing; and of course bike nights, near and not-so-far.

ps Justino, if you come back I'll support you on a political move within the club ranks (official "C" group instructor or something like it) ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

I do understand we all have our lives. I really do. But we need to be constant. We Must have a Sunday ride every Sunday unless the SSA is putting on a Track Day. I can stress how IMPORTANT that is for the club. We all want to help but when it comes time to show up somethings always comes up. I'm thinking next year the members who have been riding with the club for at least 5 plus years need to led up the Sunday rides. I can't be there all the time.
I remember when Dana and Heidi were running the club they didn't make all the Sunday rides but I did. I even showed up when it was just me. Because I didn't want some to show up and not see any body. They never saw the value in this. I knew it was the key for our club to exist. That is our base. Without Sunday rides we not a club of street riders. The only way to get people to the Track is to meet them on a Sunday ride. The Track days will keep them. I would love to just to track only. But if I had done that 10 years ago where would the club be? It takes commitment and if we do like Alberto said You get out of what you put in. We would have the hottest club this side of the Rockies.
I keep asking people to run the stickers of those people who are supporting us and it seems very few are even willing to do that. I don't like to run stickers on my bike either. But for the club to get something out of it. It's no problem. It's tuff to sell discounts to the dealerships when we don't run there stickers on our bikes. That's great advertisement for us and them. It's a start. If we would all just do that it would be a wonderful thing.  Let's look out for those who look out for us.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Dandelion

Alberto,

I would support Jerome in a leadership position.  I have no idea what the formal organization or bylaws are in effect for SSA or even if there are any.  Perhaps this has been avoided for legal or other reasons?  Best I can tell this was started by Catz as an informal online forum.

Jerome,

I think you have done a great job of putting real substance and consistency into SSA, and I don't think anybody here is disagreeing with that, if they are they should speak up or PM you.  With regards to Sunday rides perhaps a rotating list of these riders who have been around for 5+ years?  That way they don't have to make every ride, and can swap out with each other (like shift workers) if necessary?

Dandelion

Quote from: weavefish on October 11, 2008, 08:57:22 PM
Who as of today can get her knee down on either side :) and im sure will be giving her hubby and all of us a run for our money next season  8)

Thanks Tom!  :) All the credit goes to Zoom Zoom's instructors, what a fantastic group of people!

TWF

Quote from: n10sive on October 10, 2008, 03:03:08 PM
Quote from: trent on October 10, 2008, 01:27:14 PM

Karin (Dandelion) and I briefly discussed it with Jerome at the SSA trackday. Karin  and I would like to do a Wed or Thur night bike night (SSA Carson/Minden Chapter) at El Rancho Grande on the curve on 395 in Gardnerville. We have talked to the owners and they are up for it, plus we have a parking area for the bikes, and food (dollar tacos etc). We could all meet on tues too and ride up to the Reno bike night once a month (or whatever) and also have a night down here. Maybe a monitor ride before the meeting.

back in days SSA used to alternate bike nights between Carson and Reno.

A DRAGON

Just spoke with Alberto Last night. We can have the Restaurant next Sunday. But I see there is the final AFM race at Button Willow. I'll get the OK from Alberto on Sunday the 26Th at 1:00pm for La Vecchia. We can discuss all the ideas people have and also can give a treasures report. So Tune in and I verify the date with Alberto.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

MotoPutz

Well if its the 26th the wife and I will be missing it, we will be on our honeymoon... :(  Today is our one month actually.

n10sive

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 13, 2008, 07:58:22 AM
Just spoke with Alberto Last night. We can have the Restaurant next Sunday. But I see there is the final AFM race at Button Willow. I'll get the OK from Alberto on Sunday the 26Th at 1:00pm for La Vecchia. We can discuss all the ideas people have and also can give a treasures report. So Tune in and I verify the date with Alberto.

I see in another post you have t-shirts now? Can we purchase some if we show up to watch the races?
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

trent

Quote from: n10sive on October 13, 2008, 10:32:39 AM
Quote from: A DRAGON on October 13, 2008, 07:58:22 AM

I see in another post you have t-shirts now? Can we purchase some if we show up to watch the races?

+1
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

A DRAGON

Yes I was unable to sell T-Shirts at the track with out letting the Track do it out of their souviner shop. At the Track. Every VIP member will get their 1st T-Shirt free and $10.50 for everyone after and if your a non-member it will $15.00 per shirt. 
The ladies shirts will be out shortly. YOu have a choice of Black or Red shirt.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Dandelion

How does one become a member?  What's the difference between membership types?  Do we need to pay annual membership dues?  (I'm asking for the benefit of others reading this.)

n10sive

Quote from: Dandelion on October 13, 2008, 03:54:32 PM
How does one become a member?  What's the difference between membership types?  Do we need to pay annual membership dues?  (I'm asking for the benefit of others reading this.)

Jerome already gave you your VIP card so you get a free shirt. So answer his question already...Red or Black  ;D

VIP as explained to me was 1) Participate in Bike Nights, 2) Participate in Trackdays, 3) Participate in Group Rides, 4) Participate on the SSA Forum. Not sure if all 4 are required or 2 of 4....or....

Jerome is raising funds to support the club via trackdays and not by charging dues.

dmh2000

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 12, 2008, 02:55:00 AM
I do understand we all have our lives. I really do. But we need to be constant. We Must have a Sunday ride every Sunday unless the SSA is putting on a Track Day. ...

I would be at most of the Sunday rides but I'm not comfortable riding at 20-30mph above the speed limit (I really don't want that kind of ticket). That's my personal preference, I certainly don't want to hold anyone else back. If anyone else feels that way, maybe we can have two groups or something and join up at the stops.
dave

Dandelion

Quote from: dmh2000 on October 13, 2008, 04:51:30 PM
I would be at most of the Sunday rides but I'm not comfortable riding at 20-30mph above the speed limit (I really don't want that kind of ticket). That's my personal preference, I certainly don't want to hold anyone else back. If anyone else feels that way, maybe we can have two groups or something and join up at the stops.

Great post!  I've heard this from other riders and I've created a poll for people to vote on what speeds they would like to ride at on a group ride.  Vote here: http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=743.0

n10sive

The only real way to handle this is by doing what they do on group rides over in the bay...they create A, B and C groups. *Of course, technically and legally, you all should be obeying the speed limit which the SSA endorses ;)

* legal disclaimer