Main Menu

SSA Plans for 2009

Started by Dandelion, October 09, 2008, 02:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandelion

Jerome,

As the season is winding down what can we look forward to for next year?  What can members do that want to help SSA?  What are your goals and ideas for this group of motorcycle enthusiasts?

Karin

HossZX14

I think Gerome's goals is to somehow buy the new Aprillia V-4....LOL
Yes I am a madass

Justin

+1,000,000,000

Karin, This is the best post I have ever seen.
*applause*

Dandelion

Hey thanks!  I've met tons of new SSA people in person and seeing more and more new members online everyday.  The SSA fundraisers seem to be going well so I'm really curious as to where all of this is headed and what the latest news is.  :)

trent

I think this is a great post as well!! ;D I would like to see some events done down in the S. Carson area. There are quite a few of us from carson and the g ville minden areas. Perhaps a Wed night Bike Night??? I would help out where I can...
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

n10sive

Quote from: trent on October 10, 2008, 01:27:14 PM
I think this is a great post as well!! ;D I would like to see some events done down in the S. Carson area. There are quite a few of us from carson and the g ville minden areas. Perhaps a Wed night Bike Night??? I would help out where I can...

Karin (Dandelion) and I briefly discussed it with Jerome at the SSA trackday. Karin  and I would like to do a Wed or Thur night bike night (SSA Carson/Minden Chapter) at El Rancho Grande on the curve on 395 in Gardnerville. We have talked to the owners and they are up for it, plus we have a parking area for the bikes, and food (dollar tacos etc). We could all meet on tues too and ride up to the Reno bike night once a month (or whatever) and also have a night down here. Maybe a monitor ride before the meeting.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Dandelion

I certainly don't want to do anything that will conflict with every Tuesday in Reno and I'm perfectly willing to wait on Jerome's ideas and not step on anybody's toes.

trent

Quote from: Dandelion on October 10, 2008, 03:08:37 PM
I certainly don't want to do anything that will conflict with every Tuesday in Reno and I'm perfectly willing to wait on Jerome's ideas and not step on anybody's toes.

I agree 100% with not conflicting with Tues. I just think that there are a lot of people out of Carson, Gardnerville,Minden and even South Lake that would join us down here. El Rancho has a great parking lot too. Good choice. Lets see what Jerome says and take it from there but so you guys know... Im all in !!

Dandelion

In speaking with others it is clear SSA is growing and there are a lot of people who want to help out.  Jerome's (and other volunteers) efforts have produced a buzz of activity and I for one would like to see the momentum continue and participate in growing the club.

A DRAGON

Karen I have been looking at the new year with great expectations already.
1. Have business cards for about 10 members.
2. Get Info cards about the club that we all can carry at all times
3. Get all our apparel up for the up coming season ( I was slow because I just didn't like the art work)
4. Have 5 Track days again next and market them to all in the area better there is now reason we can't fill up our days with 150 local riders. I really want to get them on the track
5. I spoke with you on a bike night in Gardnerville and I would really like to do that and possibly have 1 a month up at the lake on a Saturday.
6. We really need to have our Sunday rides more consistent that we did last year. I'm hoping more people will step up a led some rides. I can't make them and do my Track Days to. I really need help in that area.
7. I really want to have a 2 day Track Day event at Miller in Utah that we can go to. I want it to be the best trip of the year.
8.We as a club really have to make a present at our dealers and Supercycle weekend. We all have a fun time riding be we  need to network our selves a lot better than were doing.
9. If we can do half of these things we can really have a nice club in my opinion that won't be second to none. What we are doing I haven't seen any other club or heard of any other club doing. We would be one of the first. I think it will help motorcyclist in the area the most and anyone who checks us out will try and achieve what we have here. Our Bike night was 1/3 more of last year so it's growing. I hope to have 50 bikes average next year. I will get more sponsors next year. I really wanted to see what we could do on our own. I think we far exceeded my expectations. I plan on working harder to get these things done. But I could really use some help if anyone will step up. I've tried to keep the people involved who wanted to get involved but I need a commitment form them like I have given. I know we have our own lives but the things we can do with this club I think will just boggle peoples mind if we make a commitment to the club.
I will edit this post with more ideas I've had later. I have to go to the union hall and help lay some tile. Looking forward to hearing any responses and Ideas to make us a better club if someone thinks it's to personal or negative  to post please send me a PM I will respond. Let's try and  keep this as positive as possible.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justin

you bastards make me want to move back to Reno.

trent

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 11, 2008, 09:58:42 AM
Karen I have been looking at the new year with great expectations already.
1. Have business cards for about 10 members.
2. Get Info cards about the club that we all can carry at all times
3. Get all our apparel up for the up coming season ( I was slow because I just didn't like the art work)
4. Have 5 Track days again next and market them to all in the area better there is now reason we can't fill up our days with 150 local riders. I really want to get them on the track
5. I spoke with you on a bike night in Gardnerville and I would really like to do that and possibly have 1 a month up at the lake on a Saturday.
6. We really need to have our Sunday rides more consistent that we did last year. I'm hoping more people will step up a led some rides. I can't make them and do my Track Days to. I really need help in that area.
7. I really want to have a 2 day Track Day event at Miller in Utah that we can go to. I want it to be the best trip of the year.
8.We as a club really have to make a present at our dealers and Supercycle weekend. We all have a fun time riding be we  need to network our selves a lot better than were doing.
9. If we can do half of these things we can really have a nice club in my opinion that won't be second to none. What we are doing I haven't seen any other club or heard of any other club doing. We would be one of the first. I think it will help motorcyclist in the area the most and anyone who checks us out will try and achieve what we have here. Our Bike night was 1/3 more of last year so it's growing. I hope to have 50 bikes average next year. I will get more sponsors next year. I really wanted to see what we could do on our own. I think we far exceeded my expectations. I plan on working harder to get these things done. But I could really use some help if anyone will step up. I've tried to keep the people involved who wanted to get involved but I need a commitment form them like I have given. I know we have our own lives but the things we can do with this club I think will just boggle peoples mind if we make a commitment to the club.
I will edit this post with more ideas I've had later. I have to go to the union hall and help lay some tile. Looking forward to hearing any responses and Ideas to make us a better club if someone thinks it's to personal or negative  to post please send me a PM I will respond. Let's try and  keep this as positive as possible.

+100,00 on all this Jerome!! Im excited to be a part of this club. You all can count on me as much as possible this next year. Sunday rides or whatever (as long as I get a new bike by next season). Its hard for me to participate on a regular basis in the Reno area but Im here in "G" Ville. I think it would be a good idea to have a POW-WOW sometime soon so we can implement some ideas.  ;) ;D

Dandelion

All of this sounds superb!  Jerome from your list above...I identify myself as an SSA member whenever I walk into a local motorcycle dealership.  I'm letting them know that they are getting my business and if they don't have what I want I ask why and explain what I'm looking for.  I think it is incredibly valuable marketing information for them to know who is purchasing stuff locally and what we want.  I wear my SSA shirt around town and have answered questions about the club as a result.  I would be happy to sweep on group rides but Sundays are tough days for me to participate on group rides and generally I'm out Saturday instead.  I try to post up whenever I'm going out on Saturday and see if there are others who want to join.  I am available to help out with trackdays and also attended SSA days this year.  Tuesday nights are tough for Dale and I as we have standing plans every week for that night.  So that's why we were tossing around another night down here.  I would love to help you out more but I need more transparency to know what help you need and when, perhaps you can provide that for me and others in the future?  As a side note I have to say THANK YOU, because at the frst bike night I attended you were talking about trackdays and explaining the value of them.  I've taken your advice and have increased my skills amazingly over the last year with Zoom Zoom.  So kudos to you for helping me become a safer and better rider!

weavefish

Quote from: Dandelion on October 11, 2008, 08:44:52 PM
increased my skills amazingly over the last year with Zoom Zoom.  So kudos to you for helping me become a safer and better rider!

Who as of today can get her knee down on either side :) and im sure will be giving her hubby and all of us a run for our money next season  8)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

reno240sx

Jerome, I'm willing to help out as much as I can. I feel like I need to give back for all that I have learned on the track this year. I don't know if I will be able to make any Sunday rides next year, I plan on doing a lot of tracdays and I am willing to help at the SSA days. I tell everyone on a motorcycle about the SSA and what a great group of people it is.