Main Menu

New Guy here...

Started by ebineezer, October 08, 2008, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebineezer

Hello All,

Hoping this is the right place to post. Im a newbie  to the SSA , also new to the Reno Area.
Not to mention I got about one season under my belt (yea SQUID!) I always ride alone and glad to find a site like this to meet up with some seasoned riders. Looks like a great site! Im sure i'll enjoy my stay.

Oh yea I have a 1988 CBR1000F "Hurricane" if that matters, an old beast.

-Greg

JENX!!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!! and yes this is the right place.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

ebineezer

thx!!! Hope to get out to a bike night and/or the next group ride.
I need to make a few adjustments to my bike (nice to see a garage & business section) and I will defiantly be out at the next occasion.

weavefish

Our weekly bike nights are over for the winter but we still hold one the first tuesday of every month at La Vecchia's on the corner of south virginia and moanna ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

You showed up at the right place.
This group will welcome you quickly,
teach you much,
and be a great group of friends.

Trust me on this.
Justino

CBR Dave

Welcome

You will really like this club.  They are a great bunch of people.

ebineezer

I love it! thanks for all the replies..

I had question maybe I should post it in the garage section but thought id try here first.

Since winter is on the way,
I am in need of a "shadetree" mechanic, for lack of better terms. My bike needs a new alt. chain guard. and a shop wants a lot of dough. I contacted a couple business' I found on this site. But in all fairness, its pretty pricey for a shop's labor rate.

Just wondering if one of you guys do  some work on the side. Very interested to get something going.  Not trying to be a cheapskate just the price to fix it at a shop is about the price of the bike. Thanks!

JENX!!!

download your bikes manual.......maintenance is easy....just need to be brave and trust yourself., its part of riding....plus its gonna be ALOT cheaper to do your own work....AND FUN!!!!

here
http://pdftown.com/PDF-Honda-CBR1000F-Service-Manual.html
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

HossZX14

WELCOME !!!! SSA is a great way to meet new people and most except Gerome are nice..LOL
Yes I am a madass

MnMTriumph

Welcome this is a bunch good guys and gals.

MotoPutz

Yes, welcome!!! There are a few of us that like to do most of our own work. I know I do. Possible I or someone else can have a little look see and see if its a simple job we/I can help you with.

weavefish

Quote from: Putz on October 09, 2008, 12:54:48 PM
Yes, welcome!!! There are a few of us that like to do most of our own work. I know I do. Possible I or someone else can have a little look see and see if its a simple job we/I can help you with.

you know you wouldnt have to do soooo much work on your bike if you stopped crashing it lol  :P
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

bfitforriding

Welcome to  Reno and this site.  You will find a bunch of great people on here.  Bike nights for the winter are at LeVecchia's the first Tuesday of every month.  Great place to meet some locals.  Hope to meet you soon.  Enjoy!

Hog Honey

Welcome from another newbee, site holds lots of good information and fun topics. Enjoy, I hear SSA is the best, they will welcome you and give you guidance when needed. Enjoy.