Main Menu

Poker Run

Started by gixxer6285, October 06, 2008, 10:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gixxer6285

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Fallon Eagles are having a Poker Run to try and raise money for a lady in Reno that has lung cancer.  I am a member of the Eagles and I am trying to help get as much participation as possible.  The run is on October 25th and starts at 10:00 am.  I know this is normally a Harley thing but I know that we could all support this and have a bit of fun doing it.  The fee is 20.00 and if you are going two-up it is an extra 10.00.  There will be a chili feed at the end of the event and also raffle prizes including a $100 gift certificate from Scheel's.  If anyone is interested or needs more information let me know.  It would be great to get as many sportbikes out to show our support for a great cause.

Thanks,
Jason

Hog Honey

Hey Jason, do you have any other information on this run? Meeting place, ride route ? Sounds like a good cause and a good reason to ride. Not that I need a reason to ride, but its nice to help someone out at the same time. Thanks, Sharon

weavefish

yea bud post up the details  ;D

p.s. good to see you on the forums
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

gixxer6285

The ride will start at the Fallon Eagles post on highway 50 just outside of Fallon.  It is going to be about a 120 mile round trip with 4 stops for the cards.  I am not completely sure of the route just yet but it sounds like it is going to be to silver springs, wabuska, stagecoach, fernley, then back to the eagles.  I have also contacted Michaels and BVH to see if they would donate some goodies for raffle prizes.  I know that registration will be at 10:00 am and kickstands up and riding at 1100.  It will be a fun day and some good prizes to be given out.  If you have any other questions let me know and I will get an answer to you as soon as possible.
Thanks
Jason

oldBolt

Any updates?  Did you plan for SSA members to ride together? Meet at some area during registration. Is any one planning on going from Reno area that might like to meet for the ride to Fallon?  Seems like a nice opportunity for the group to represent and help a local individual in need.  Meeting on Sunday ride on Saturday. (Bump)
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

gixxer6285

As of now the registration will be at 10:00 a.m. in Fallon at the eagles lodge.  It is on highway 50 prior to the town of Fallon.  It is right across from the livestock exchange.  BVH donated a 50 dollar gift card and there will be other items raffled off.   The woman that has been struck with lung cancer was never a smoker and they think it was asbestos poison but the state won't give her medical benefits due to they can't prove that it was asbestos.  The fee is 20 for single rider and an extra 10 if you ride two-up.  The eagles will have breakfast prior to the ride and then a chili feed after everyone returns.  I know I don't know most of you but we be glad to meet everyone there around 10 and we could all ride together.  It may not be much of a twisty ride but it is for a great cause.  I appreciate anyone's support that can make the ride.  If you have any questions you can reach me on my cell at 775-842-2688. 
Thanks Again,
Jason