Main Menu

The Justin Update.

Started by Justin, September 21, 2008, 09:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

YO J-ino make sure you take care of yourself, don't let anybody mistreat you or I'll send over uncle Guido to do a masonry job on them.
Love ya amico ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Hog Honey

Glad to see you found a track, and a job! Miss you here in Graeagle.

Justin

The track -VIR- was great.  Knee down and it felt like the slider was covered with ball bearings.  Even a pavement change was seamless. Awesome.
I am visiting my son this week, so I will give you full report upon my return.

Justin

BY THE WAY.  'HOG HONEY' is a really good friend of mine who just got her first bike last year. Yeah, It's a harley.  But it IS a sportster and she already hooked it up with a Stage 1 exhaust mod.  It is faster and louder than her husband's harley (which may be made by Greyhound)
She is looking for ways to ride with more confidence (and speed)
You guys should have her come out and do a few laps (try the track)

weavefish

Think you just got signed up Hog Honey :) any friend of Justino's is a friend of mine.... even if you ride a Harley :p
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

I saw the video eric posted at rfr and I thought WOW, That place looks dry.
This is a video i pulled off you tube if VIR's patriot course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbIBluIfd5s&feature=related

Did I mention I was the fastest guy in the track until 1pm. Many, many people had number plates/tire warmers/ez-up's.  I wanted to chill with a very well decked out SV cuz i saw him do a lap. 
It was the strangest thing I ever experienced.  My brother overheard the tire-warmer SV guy tell his friend "That guy is passing me twice a session!" when i rolled by his pit.
When i say I was completely confused, i meant it.  I wasn't sure what the hell was going on.
This was ride in 6 weeks. I have never been on any other track other than RFR. I have never ridden at 400ft elevation (or below 4300)  What the hell was going on?
I wasn't proud of what was happening.
I was a little uncomfortable, nervous, and embarrassed. Embarrassed to the point where it wasn't even fun.  I was supposed to find an Alberto-Jerome-Greg-Myron-Tom-Jenx-Giusseppi to chase, play cat and mouse, lead, or pray for.
I was alone until 1300 hrs.  In the morning the riders meeting referred to a Respol bike that would be out there, and that speeds were going to be fast.  I finally found him.  He is 1-2 seconds faster than I am. He wasn't very fun to talk to, but we hung out in between sessions.  He'll be out west doing some PTT days at Laguna & Infineon.
Still, there are no Zoran's and no Jay's and no Andy's.   
     The west coast is really where it's at.
I heard Jerome say this, and I am now confirming it
"IF YOU RIDE RFR, YOU CAN RIDE ANYWHERE."

Another guy showed up late and helped me drop some more time.  I eventually was running 51" lap times.  This 1.1mile configurations only allows triple digit speed for a couple moments.  BUT IT FEELS LIKE GLASS OUT THERE

weavefish

Thats good buddy!!!! show em how us SSA riders roll :) trackdays arent the same with out you Mic Dundee hat lol throw another shrimp on the barbie!
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Hog Honey

So I see you found time to get to the track, how amazing was that after so long? Sounds like it was an ok day and you did your normal beating up on yourself because you were good enough for yourself. Knock that shit off, you are a bad ass ( :-\ can we use bad words on this site?) and you are fast no matter what track you are on! Glad things are coming together for you, its good to hear about your adventures. Hope you get many more track days, maybe some day you will be there watching Kadin go fast  :o
Be safe, take chances and some day I may let you ride my bike that fast if you can handle it  ;)
Sharon

Justin

Ha!  Your bike is SO loud... it would be SCARY!
(but also intimidating)
I prefer my 'Brother Sewing Machine' it's kind of a whirring sound.

As far as being fast goes.
I can't catch adiggity, one-up, A dragon, ScotinExile, Yardsale, Zoran, Jay A.
I sometimes can catch Team Gorgonzola, sometimes I can't.
   Every company's instructors are faster and more skilled.
You get no awards for being quick on a track day, but my point is I am uncomfortable being the top dog for 5 hours.  The owner of Team Promotion was going to take his first laps as I was packing up...  He has a long race career.  I'm sure he could move quick....  It was just wierd

Hog Honey

Scared of LOUD ................ well that is understandable I guess considering what I know about you. It would still be fun to see you go zipping by dragging your knee on a Harley. Can't you just see the faces of the other riders when a  sportster showed up at the track on race day. Not sure if they could stop laughing long enough to be intimidated  :D

Justin

I know of a guy here who has pictures of the outside edge of his boots ground down from draggin around corners on an HD.
I believe it's jlavallee who met up for a part of the coast ride over a year ago.

Hog Honey

Would love to see those picks, not sure I ever want to do that on my HD. Like I have always said, if my  foot pegs are dragging (or boots for that matter), then I am going down  :'( and that is not a good thing for an old lady. You know me, I talk big but am a real wimp. Some day I will find my courage and confidence, maybe I should get a sports bike, but then I would be hooked, that too may not be a good thing for someone my age. Have a good one, hope to hear from you some day again. 

n10sive

Hog Honey, there are PLENTY old timers here. NVGixxer is retired and rides a fast GSXR, Ron has LONG since retired and he rides his SV at the tracks. I am pushing 50 (it's the new 30 dontcha know) and at all the track events. It is NEVER too late to start riding a FUN bike and getting on the track  ;D :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Hog Honey

n10sive, thanks for making me feel young again, I had forgot that 50 was the new 30  :D. Sometimes I think I am reverting back to my teenage years and wanting to take chances and have all that fun again but still know what I know now! As I recall, going down hurt, but I got right back up again and never backed down. Just a bit more careful now, trying NOT to drop the HD, to spendy to repair that baby. But at the same time, want to enhance my riding skills, so taking some time at the track next spring might be the thing to do.

Jerome says I don't have to GO FAST, and Justino says its a good place to learn and lots of good people to help my confidence level and skill level. Hope to make it out there in the spring for some training. Still working for a living, retirement is not in the picture at this point, but time to ride is always in the picture and I won't give that up ever! Hope to meet you out there next season. Thanks again for reminding me I am still young ;)

A DRAGON

Hog Honey I forgot to tell you I have a friend who rides a Sportster. She comes your way quite often. She rode my SV on the track for the first time and now is so much more confident. She to has been dragging her pipes and says wow!!!! :o I can't believe I'm doing that. I really need to slow down. She also has a friend who rode with her during Street Vibrations. They had to leave all the men they were riding with behind them because they couldn't keep up. She said they were all going so damm slow and she just wanted to ride.
I'm going to tell her about you. Maybe you two can hook up. She's pretty cool. She is really one of us on this fourm.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Hog Honey

A Dragon, YIKES, draggin the pipes on a Sportster sounds like a bit much for me, but hey, why not  8). Would like to meet up with her if she is in the area. Just got laid off work, so I am off for the winter, time to get the house in order now and clean the bike up for storage for the winter. Been cold here, in the 20's each morning. To cold for me, time to head some place warm to ride this winter, hope to be able to do that at some point when the snow fly's. Feel free to give her my email if you want, or have her send me a message here. Haven't heard from Justino for a while now, guess I scared him off, lol. Sure do miss the little bastard since he moved away  :( . Hope he comes back to visit some time.

If any of you are in the area, feel free to look me up. If you know you are coming this direction just let me know and we can meet for lunch some place in town. Talk to you later, Sharon