Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

GoPro Camera

Started by Jp_Rio, July 21, 2010, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jp_Rio

Hey guys, I got two GoPro camera for sale: (Now is just one!)

GoPro Wide HERO 5 MP Digital Camera (Used) - $110.00.

Includes water/shock proof housing, USB cables and some mounting hardware. Can send pictures in case you are interested.

Just PM me if any questions.

Thanks.
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Adiggity

How good is the quality of the video that comes from these. I am an IT retard. Help me out.  :)

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Adiggity on July 21, 2010, 09:39:27 PM
How good is the quality of the video that comes from these. I am an IT retard. Help me out.  :)

The video I posted on the board of my June 19th session was made with a GoPro itself. I Liked the quality so much that I went and asked the guy that recorded it (I found his videos on youtube... ;D). I'm just not sure if he had an HD or not. I'll make a video with this camera and post it here so you guys can have an idea!

Jp_Rio

So I just went back to where he answered me and yes, his camera was an HD. None of the ones that I am selling are. Those usually sell at 200+ dollars (kinda expensive). But I'll still try to make a video and post over here. It might be a silly one tho!  ;D ;D

n10sive

The non-HD cameras are $99 at Costco. The HD are $200+

There is a difference in video quality.

I have a friend that works at GoPro and is the west coast racer rep if anyone is interested in talking to him. He had some demo units sent out at the last track day.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Jp_Rio

Quote from: n10sive on July 21, 2010, 10:23:24 PM
The non-HD cameras are $99 at Costco. The HD are $200+

There is a difference in video quality.

I have a friend that works at GoPro and is the west coast racer rep if anyone is interested in talking to him. He had some demo units sent out at the last track day.

What the guy (that i didnt quite believe at that time) told me is that those camera were out there for the summer and had a limited quantity. So i'm not sure if they will sell those back again... Plus, 99.00 is without taxes, after taxes you end up paying 108.00 (personal experience) - just to add.  ;)

And what were those demo units about? Like a "test drive" for the cameras??

n10sive

Quote from: Jp_Rio on July 21, 2010, 10:35:45 PM
What the guy (that i didnt quite believe at that time) told me is that those camera were out there for the summer and had a limited quantity. So i'm not sure if they will sell those back again... Plus, 99.00 is without taxes, after taxes you end up paying 108.00 (personal experience) - just to add.  ;)

There are always taxes in America my friend :)

Yes, the demo's were to let people try the cameras so they could show off the performance and ease of use so people would buy them. One guy put 3 of them on his bike!  :o
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Jp_Rio

Quote from: n10sive on July 22, 2010, 07:29:08 AM
Quote from: Jp_Rio on July 21, 2010, 10:35:45 PM

Yes, the demo's were to let people try the cameras so they could show off the performance and ease of use so people would buy them. One guy put 3 of them on his bike!  :o

Oh if I knew that...  ::)