Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

The search begins

Started by SaintMichael, June 14, 2010, 12:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintMichael

Afternoon everyone. I took a few of my friends up on letting me ride their bikes to see what I like and the choice has been made. If anyone knows of an '05ish Honda CBR600RR for around $5k please let me know. I take the skills test next Tuesday and will be looking to for a bike by the end of this month. Any help is appreciated
2001 Yamaha R6

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do. - Groucho Marx

scotinexcile

Cagle has one for sale it is already tricked out for the track as well

SaintMichael

This will be my first bike so I'm not looking for anything too fast
2001 Yamaha R6

Justino

Quote from: SaintMichael on June 14, 2010, 01:38:50 PM
This will be my first bike so I'm not looking for anything too fast
Any 600 is 'too fast,' especially if your brain and wrist aren't connected.
0-60 in 3 seconds, top speeds of 150ish.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

SaintMichael

True, I should be more clear I suppose. I have ridden several 600s and the power is perfect for me, but I am looking for more a daily driver in the summer with the weekends being free to explore some of the surrounding area this part of the state has to offer. I got all my experience on the dirt, so the brain and wrist are well connected, just learning to ride on the asphalt
2001 Yamaha R6

Justino

I totally understand. 
Sometimes i'll add to a thread for the benefit of a reader instead of directly to the post's author.

Is Cagle's bike street legal?
I doubt there are huge performance modifications that would make any of our bikes (mere mortals) difficult to manage.
Better suspension, better brakes, better mapping and exhaust would be great for a daily driver, too!
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

SaintMichael

Good call. Would be very curious to find out
2001 Yamaha R6

cagle

Quote from: Justino on June 14, 2010, 04:21:29 PM
I totally understand. 
Sometimes i'll add to a thread for the benefit of a reader instead of directly to the post's author.

Is Cagle's bike street legal?
I doubt there are huge performance modifications that would make any of our bikes (mere mortals) difficult to manage.
Better suspension, better brakes, better mapping and exhaust would be great for a daily driver, too!

No It's not street legal I would need a new frame with a clear title. It's a junk title. OP if you can score a bike with all the goods it's will be in your benefit. I have all the same parts on my street bike.

mike72

I have a 05 CBR 600 RR Black Tribal - new chain /new sprockets and almost new tires for $5,000.00 - 13,000miles - I ride it to work so miles go up everyday - will be at Trackdays June 19th & 20th for sale - also will have 04 CBR 600 RR black trackbike for $2,500.00

SaintMichael

Sounds like it might be just what I'm looking for. Now to get with the accountant
2001 Yamaha R6

oldBolt

"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

SaintMichael

lol so after the weekend my budget is down to $3100 cash in hand. If anyone comes across a deal please let me know
2001 Yamaha R6

sparkygixxer

Quote from: mike72 on June 15, 2010, 06:07:58 AM
also will have 04 CBR 600 RR black trackbike for $2,500.00

I got to ride that today.  IT WAS SMOOOOOOTH!  He is going to try and make the SBK 775 next weekend the 7th of Aug so look for him, its all black, typical bare minimum track bike, but wow does it run great!!! ;D ;D ;D

rabbit

Quote from: mike72 on June 15, 2010, 06:07:58 AM
will have 04 CBR 600 RR black trackbike for $2,500.00
I'm interested.

sparkygixxer