Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Is that really??

Started by Jp_Rio, January 13, 2011, 12:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jp_Rio

Ok, I saw this video online and didn't believe in two things that I saw (the second one I can believe more than the first one, although seems outrageous to me... but its Rossi, so I can see how it goes - but the first one I couldn't believe neither being Rossi  :P) and would like some way too much more experienced rider than I am (hard to find) that could tell me if that is really possible or not...

Is Rossi changing gears at 0:51 and 1:01 with that ridiculous lean angle going on or is just a random noise?

And the second one (believable) is at 1:25 when he switches his body position to the left with the bike still leaned to the right... insane!!  :o

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010/Rossi+debuts+Gyroscopic+OnBoard+camera

What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

youngster775

The answer is yes and yes  ;D now bow down and praise Rossi!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

n10sive

You should watch more MotoGP racing JP. One of the best parts is these gyro on-board cams which they used quite a bit this last season. It's amazing to watch
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Jp_Rio

Oh trust me, I don't only watch it but also play the course that the race will be at on my xbox, a couple of days before the race, so I can have an "idea" of what speed and gear they should be at for each turn together with the lines that they are doing. I might be more addicted to motorcycle than I appear to be.  8)

But I just thought that shifting your gears or giving too much gas while at that stupid lean angle would make your rear tire slide like you are driving over an "oily" road. It just amazes me... Funny how each day I live something I had for grant falls apart! Oh life, interesting life...  ;D
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

youngster775

thats the luxury of the technology that they have... traction control along with a hundred other goodies... Kids, don't try this at home!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F