Main Menu

My 1st Track Day experience (8/21/10 video)

Started by GreenMachine, October 11, 2010, 08:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I posted this up days ago, but took it down b/c YouTube had issues with the song's licensing.  Please ignore the Cars music played briefly at the beginning.  

Now that I had a chance to review that day's video, I'm thinking of what a good time I had and glad I did it.

Video link
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Scott

i was two tents down and i didn't even get to make a cameo appearance! lame!  :howdy
GSX-R600

youngster775

Nice job man! that was awesome! even though I'm not in the video either, I see my car in the pic above!  ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: youngster775 on October 12, 2010, 11:53:18 AM
Nice job man! that was awesome! even though I'm not in the video either, I see my car in the pic above!  ;D
I have lots of footage.  I could put together a second video with more people in it than just Dub, SparkyGixxr, Qwik, Dean Gixxer, Alberto, Jerome, Big Cat and Arthur, but I've always been told it's better to keep footage as brief as possible.

One thing that drives me crazy is capturing a good exhaust note.  Then instead of short-shifting, I'd definitely go ahead and run her up to redline.  That sh*t gives me goose bumps, like in the old days, listening to the  fireworks in the early morning.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 12, 2010, 07:51:33 PM
:CoU
Any questions?
LOL, it looks like Dean and I are just chit chattin out there about 3 min into the video.  Man I love being at the track with all my buddies.  I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT SEASON ALREADY!!!!!! :terrified

GreenMachine

Quote from: sparkygixxer on October 13, 2010, 04:12:19 PM
LOL, it looks like Dean and I are just chit chattin out there about 3 min into the video...
At the time I didn't notice, but the camera picked up moments like that.  Then there's A Dragon saluting my return to the track, several of the First Call riders looking back (why I do not know), Alberto backing off as I prepared to stop, then walking forward (did he think I wasn't going to stop?), the one rider who missed the corner, making at off-course excursion, etc...  What the camera missed was getting the front off the ground over Hoot N Holler.  It looks very stable on film.

I'm a little disappointed.  After all the ranting and raving and prodding and poking A Dragon dished out to get me onto the track, I doubt he's seen the fruits of his labors, footage of the GreenMachine going down the front straight at 75 MPH.

He's missing out.  :-\

Dragone

oops, abit late.  I missed that track day.  Congrats GreenM on the training wheel lessons.  lol, messin'  Nice vid