Main Menu

My Big Oops in 2002

Started by sparkygixxer, September 21, 2010, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkygixxer

Some have heard of the infamous crash, but few have seen it.  This was in 2002 at Buttonwillow and getting your crashes on tape while on a track were kinda rare, as far as I remember.  Anyway, I was lucky enough to be riding with a guy who had his wife filming him and she thought I was him so continued to take me while I went boom.  The guys in the background were new to track riding so try not to laugh at their comments too much  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qkuD_mM_Yw&feature=youtube_gdata

ps
this is the bike that I'm still riding at the track  ;D

n10sive

hey private dancer...want to make the vid public so we can see it? LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

sparkygixxer

lol, oops again

I must have clicked private instead of unlisted. 

"Fixed"

Scott

i think the most shocking thing about this video is you with long hair!! :ylwbike2
GSX-R600

dub

That was hardcore.  Were you hurt whatsoever?  You were on your feet before the bike even stopped sliding.  Then jumping out of the back of a pickup what I can only assume were mere moments later.

Quote from: Scott on September 21, 2010, 04:37:53 PM
i think the most shocking thing about this video is you with braids!! :ylwbike2

Fixed
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

sparkygixxer

Quote from: Scott on September 21, 2010, 04:37:53 PM
i think the most shocking thing about this video is you with long hair!! :ylwbike2
Yeah a few years ago...almost 3 now, I got over 25 inches cut off.  It was getting stuck in my butt crack and simply had to go.

Quote from: dub on September 21, 2010, 05:42:42 PM
That was hardcore.  Were you hurt whatsoever?  You were on your feet before the bike even stopped sliding.  Then jumping out of the back of a pickup what I can only assume were mere moments later.

My knee from the one of the cartwheels and my fist from the bike landing on my hand (dent still in gas tank today), but of course my ego as well. 

Qwik

Looked like you were moving pretty good  :2cool Thats awesome you still had a good attitude after a get off.  Ride /Crash/Fix/Ride .....
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

mean green 79

wow that was a nice one and they got it on film.thats great. gladd to see you didn't get to banged up.

Jp_Rio

You looked like MotoGP guys...specially with those leathers on! uahuah  :respect

But you'd better not do that anymore hunh!!!  :spank

By the way...was that A Dragon handling your bike up and down!????  :headscratch
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

sparkygixxer

Quote from: mean green 79 on September 22, 2010, 04:21:36 PM
wow that was a nice one and they got it on film.thats great. gladd to see you didn't get to banged up.
I was good, bike...not so good, as you could see.  Much more then cosmetics.  Anyhow I rode someone else's bike later that day and a few months later had it back out there on the track.  No incidents since I put a higher exhaust on it.   ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Jp_Rio on September 22, 2010, 08:47:08 PM
By the way...was that A Dragon handling your bike up and down!????  :headscratch
No comment on the white leathers... ;)
As far as that being ADragon...nope, I didn't find the SSA till late September/October 2003.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: sparkygixxer on September 22, 2010, 09:33:23 PM
Quote from: Jp_Rio on September 22, 2010, 08:47:08 PM
No comment on the white leathers... ;)
As far as that being ADragon...nope, I didn't find the SSA till late September/October 2003.

Wow!!! So then we just found his clone!  :crackup
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

A DRAGON

Sparky.  I was impressed how many people you had around you again.  This Video goes to show you how well your liked where ever you go.   Go to see I'm just one of the thousands.  Your great.   

You crash well.  You got up so quick!!! Was it getting hot or what?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 10, 2010, 10:54:11 AM
You crash well.  You got up so quick!!! Was it getting hot or what?

FYI...the bike landed, after cartwheeling a few times, up on it's kickstand facing the track.  Yep that's right, me and my boy were not gonna play hurt at all   :thanks