Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Adiggity

MotoPutz

n10sive

JRP - "oooo! Look at me! I'm an attention whore!" LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

suspend him for wrongdoing, then.  If they don't want him there let him go race locally.
If I speed I get a ticket . . . the cop doesn't get to treat me like $#it also.

Adiggity

Oh, looky here. A public letter from Mr. Ludington.

QuoteAMA Pro Member Services
July 22, 2009

To the AMA Pro Racing Community:

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to the fans of our sport, all AMA members, competitors, AMA Pro Racing officials and Johnny Rock Page for my behavior in the Tech Garage at the recent AMA Pro Road Racing event at Mid-Ohio.

My actions were out of line and detrimental to the well being and the growth of the sport that we all love.  Mr. Page is a professional racer and should have been reprimanded for his actions in a professional manner. He was not, and the blame is entirely and solely my own.

I am regretful for offending anyone's sensibilities, and I vow never to conduct myself in this manner in the future. We expect cordial dialogue and behavior from our competitors and, in turn, they should expect the same from us. I failed to live up to this code of conduct.

Once again, I am offering my sincerest apologies to everybody that was affected by my poor decision to conduct myself in a non-professional manner.

Sincerely,

Al Ludington
AMA Pro Racing
Technical Director

Adiggity

And then, shortly after, a release from AMA.

QuoteAMA Pro Racing Communications

AMA Pro Racing Suspends Technical Director Al Ludington Indefinitely Following Mid-Ohio Event
Ludington Apologizes For Actions; Janson to Oversee At-Event Technical Operations in Interim
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (July 22, 2009) - AMA Pro Racing officials have announced the indefinite suspension of the organization's Technical Director of Competition Al Ludington for conduct detrimental to the sport of professional motorcycle racing following this past weekend's AMA Pro Road Racing event at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

The indefinite suspension will preclude Ludington's participation in AMA Pro Road Racing events commencing with next weekend's round at Heartland Park Topeka following his actions and behavior at Mid-Ohio on Saturday, July 18, in an exchange with AMA Pro American Superbike rider Johnny Rock Page.  Ludington has issued a letter of apology to Mr. Page and the overall AMA Pro Racing community.

"Al Ludington is and remains a key member of AMA Pro Racing's management team," said AMA Pro Racing Vice President of Competition Roy Janson.  "The outstanding competition that we have seen across the board in AMA Pro Road Racing this season is due in large part to Al's expertise, experience and passion for motorcycle racing.  In no way, however, can AMA Pro condone his behavior and actions as displayed this past weekend at Mid-Ohio.  It is appropriate that Al extended an apology to Mr. Page, the AMA Pro Racing community and our loyal fans who deserve and can expect in the future nothing but the highest standards of professional conduct from all of our AMA Pro officials."

Janson, who manages all aspects of the competition department in his Vice President position, will have direct oversight for at-event AMA Pro Road Racing technical operations in Ludington's absence.

MotoPutz

I for one am very happy to see that as the outcome... I believe all inappropriate actions should be dealt with no matter what side of the fence you stand on.

Justin

thanks for offering up the resolution, Andy...
Hopefully it renews faith for those interested in competing in the AMA

ChrisM

QuoteIf I speed I get a ticket . . . the cop doesn't get to treat me like $#it also

they actually don't seem to mind treating me like shit.  it must be my delivery....

Adiggity

Quote from: ChrisM on July 23, 2009, 09:52:52 PM
they actually don't seem to mind treating me like shit.  it must be my delivery....
You should try a breath mint!  :D