Main Menu

Al Ludington's "discussion" w/ JRP about blue flags

Started by Adiggity, July 21, 2009, 02:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Nice! If you ask me, Al is way out of line here. Johnny is absolutely professional about it and absolutely correct. He did his responsibility as per the rule book. I don't know if I would've been as cool tempered as Johnny was. Wow. How long has he been watching racing?! It's been happening forever. You can't just change direction on a dime when your going as fast as these guys are. If he wants it stopped, up the qualification requirements and stop taking people like JRP's money to make "the show" like Moto GP does. Bad form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C42W0dyBC8

XIII

I am tuned out of AMA but what is the background info to this incident?

Oneup

AMA went the wrong direction this year.  I agreed that they needed to do something different from previous years but it should have been the opposite of this.  I don't think I would have been nearly as nice as Johnny.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Quote from: KazeXIII on July 21, 2009, 03:40:41 PM
I am tuned out of AMA but what is the background info to this incident?
On the last lap he got in the way of Aaron Yates when he was making a charge to fight for and very possibly take the lead away from Hayes. I agree JRP could've done a bit better job at making an attempt to get out of the way but that just happened to be a bad part of the track for someone to make an unexpected move. He held his line and Aaron had to check up, which in turn totally blew his chances of passing Hayes. It doesn't make it right how he is talking to JRP. He is not your 6 year old child. He is a grown ass man and these are professionals......or supposed to be.

Adiggity

Oh, and Johnny was suspended for the next 3 races.

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

jlavallee

AMA/DMG is an utter and complete joke now. I almost hope the series folds and we loose pro racing for a while to put these a-holes in their place.

Ever since the whole Mladin being found with an "out of spec" crank strangely after just speaking out against them. He was DQ'd twice for speaking his mind so you know what they're all about.

They want to make it like NASCAR? If toilet bowl racing crap the the goal then I suggest we vote with our wallets and wait until they go under. I can't believe Ludington is involved with these jerks. I also can't believe he OK'd the 1125RR Buell when it is clearly against the rules.

ChrisM

the only thing douchier then the current ama/dmg is jrp.

Justin

I know very, very little about motorcycle racing... But I want to throw two cents in anyway.

I find the AMA totally unwatchable and the commentary makes me nauseated.   
I usually take compazine before I am forced to watch it "clockwork orange" style.   

This great part about stupidity is that it leaves 'evolution into something better' as the only option.

MotoPutz

Quote from: Tino on July 21, 2009, 11:51:46 PM
This great part about stupidity is that it leaves 'evolution into something better' as the only option.

Extinction is a valid alternative to evolution...

Justin

Quote from: Putz on July 22, 2009, 09:30:51 AM
Quote from: Tino on July 21, 2009, 11:51:46 PM

Extinction is a valid alternative to evolution...
Extinction IS evolution, Grasshopper

dmh2000

The audio isn't completely clear. I want to know, did JRP say he held his line?
dave

Adiggity

Quote from: ChrisM on July 21, 2009, 07:40:23 PM
the only thing douchier then the current ama/dmg is jrp.
Douchier. Is that a french word?  :D I don't really know anything about JRP, except he is a consistent back marker in the AMA and has been for a few years, which means he must have a lot of money cause he's not winning any, but is still there. People can be really jealous of that and have a lot of animosity towards people like him just for the fact that he has money and they don't. But I have heard he is definitely not a favorite in the paddock. Either way he shouldn't have been talked to like that.

Justin

Quote from: dmh2000 on July 22, 2009, 09:50:25 AM
The audio isn't completely clear. I want to know, did JRP say he held his line?
uhahahauahuahuhuah

ChrisM

jrp has a habit of slowing up, allowing the leaders to come around, and then riding hard as they come through knowing he may be getting television time.  Racers bitch about it, the ama has talked to him about it for the last 2 years, and I find this to be another example of the same thing.   Ludington seems out of line, and his tone was harsh, but this is a repeat offender.

one of JRPs most famous moments of this was slowing up on the last lap to be lapped a 2nd time with the knowledge that he would get on the tv with mladin/spies as they battled for the lead.  le douche.