Main Menu

Advice: Top Track Day Tips (VIDEO)

Started by Justin, May 08, 2010, 12:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

I remember my first track day and how NERVOUS I was. 
Nauseas actually!

This would have chilled me out.
Lot's of good information for newer track day riders. (and good review for people who are rusty)
*Your tires will be warm faster than he says. 2 minutes is really all it takes.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VN0a_fSl_A&feature=related

Qwik

Thanks that was some good info. So who else besides me is going to be a first timer out there on the 22nd and 23rd? I am defiantly  getting anxious.
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

bkrblood

Quote from: Qwik on May 08, 2010, 05:36:53 PM
Thanks that was some good info. So who else besides me is going to be a first timer out there on the 22nd and 23rd? I am defiantly  getting anxious.

it will be mine as well, cant do a full track cause im broke but im fighting to get both days off and i will be out there if i do helping out anyway i can! goal is to do to a full track day by this year!
John Bovet

bkrblood

heres another great video or what i thought to be all on body position. if someone else can second this ive always wondered bout body position while on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxODoscChNo&feature=related
John Bovet

Justin

I like what he's saying. 
It's important not to get overwhelmed your first trackday/days trying to accomplish to much all at once, but he's on point.
Qwik. . . you'll be fine, AND it's normal to be anxious.
It took me at least 10 days before I could sleep well the night before.
:)

zipbyu

I have done at least 15-20 track days a year at lots of levels.  I still get nervous of the unknowen.  I feel nervous now!  I dont sleep much at a event or race.  I always feel i am going to crash.  Kill my bike.  I hate the unknowen.
 Track time comes around.  My head clears, smell the air.  I know I am at the right place.  At the right time.  I start to feel more at tune with myself and my bike.  Something comes over you at any skill level, maybe i picked the right bunch to go out with.  The sky is blue, the time is comming.  Stay smart, collective, and ride my own pace.  
 Then the release.................................................................Maybe i will wake up...................................................................I sometimes dont even remember the session.  I am way to focased me and my envioriment. I try to be safe all the time, also alert others to unsafe conditions.  
 I enjoy being smooth and undistracted.  I feel nothing like this anywhere else.  This is why i keep comming back.

JordanGSX-R

Every time i go out i get nervous, usually followed by having to drop a deuce or something but after that once you get aboard you feel fine. Keep your lines, be consistent and have fun. If someone gives you crap because your not dragging a knee in the same group then watch them and how terribly wrong their body position is most likely they will be the first to crash. Take as many pointers as you can. Myron (zipbyu) helped me a number of times around the track and i did my first day in A last year which was awesome. Granted my little 600 cant keep up on the straights but it doesnt matter. Ride at a comfortable pace. Im done ranting. Hope some of this is useful.  ;D

Oneup

Quote from: bkrblood on May 08, 2010, 10:33:49 PM
heres another great video or what i thought to be all on body position. if someone else can second this ive always wondered bout body position while on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxODoscChNo&feature=related

That isn't a bad video on body positioning but I feel that he leaves out a few key things.  If you have questions there will be several mentors available at the trackday that can help.  I'd love to but I won't be at a trackday until the June days.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Qwik

Iv read Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist II now about 4 times its been very helpful and the members here have been even more helpful.
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

zipbyu

Robbie, nice to see you on the site.  We will see what happends on the straits now.  I will be on a 450smr.

JordanGSX-R

Quote from: zipbyu on May 09, 2010, 08:28:16 PM
Robbie, nice to see you on the site.  We will see what happends on the straits now.  I will be on a 450smr.

Really! thats cool as hell! yea should be a good time. Wanna see some good pics of you hanging wayyyy off!