Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

RFR is done

Started by Oneup, November 11, 2009, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneup

It looks like RFR is closing down.  It's posted up on their website.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

youngster775

11/11/2009 - Road Course Closed Indefinitety
To all of our drivers, riders and supporters due to the low activity and the reduced revenue this year we will be closing the road course indefinitely while we restructure the business over the winter.  In the past we have been able to keep the staff and maintenance up through the off season, mainly by revenue generated during the peak season.  We have also been fortunate in the past to have winter bookings with manufacturers, and media...

this sucks! :'(
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

n10sive

group road trips to T-Hill now I suppose.

But not all is dead...let's hope that some things can be done to keep them going. Back to the other 'rumors' thread now to digest all the good suggestions
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: n10sive on November 11, 2009, 09:39:32 PM
group road trips to T-Hill now I suppose.

But not all is dead...let's hope that some things can be done to keep them going. Back to the other 'rumors' thread now to digest all the good suggestions

Well, definitely we're going for a better track but I liked Fernley.
All others tracks are better then Fernley, unfortunately.
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

CptnHornblower

I can't imagine that they'll just let it sit. If the bank takes over they'll revalue the property based on what it can make and then look for a qualified buyer. Problem is that while the bank owns it they probably won't allow anyone to use it due to liability. Hopefully they'll find a buyer by next spring.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

edmunsan

That figures: Just when I found a new drug thats drug free the dealer goes belly up.  Well at least I can say my first track day was at RFR. I have a fairly new trailer that can fit up to three track bikes or five dirt bikes. My foot should be heeled by spring. Looks like shifter carts at Lemon Valley this winter for me,any body else have a cart?
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.