Main Menu

ORV Stickers

Started by cobra23, May 23, 2012, 10:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

Ok so Nevada passed an ORV stiker rule, and some where in this forum I posted my opinion of how it all works.

Well I am a good citizen so now that it is law, I will support it.
I don't know how I am supposed to title a bike that has never had a title, but I will and I will pay the 20 bucks (which will be 30 before you know it) and be proud Nevada resident.

However I watched the whole thing happen in Washington State starting in the late 70's just a few years after California Peoples Republic of decided to enact an ORV pass system. I won't bore you with my opinion. The stickers and registration do a great job of supporting law enforcement off road................who enforce the sticker and registration.

If that seems like a strange circle, then you are not the full time Sheriff Deputy (I went to High School with) who gets paid to ride his dirt bikes (WA. State purchased) and his Quad(s) all day for a good paycheck and a pension at 20 years. He enforces the "Sticker rule" in the County I moved from.

I read about where California is now with the evolution of the sticker and find it interesting:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7306910&postcount=22

Yup it has come full circle, the stickers now support the lard a-- California State Budget. So next time they are talkling about enacting some fee that seems harmless ------beware. It is just another harmless "tax".

Please post, so I can see there is hope that we are paying attention. Not like the kid I talked to at a local dealer who said "ahh what does it matter, California has been doing it for years". GREAT.

dub

What are the sticker fees supposed to be paying for, according to the Nevada legislature?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

cobra23

The DMV keeps a portion of the registration fees to maintain the OHV program, while the balance goes to the Fund for Off-Highway Vehicles. The Commission on Off-Highway Vehicles allocates these funds for various projects related to OHVs. See NRS 490.069 and 490.084.

http://www.dmvnv.com/ohv.htm#regcost1

It appears very vague at this point they just want your money.

cobra23

Interesting.

The 20 dollar sticker, you can get after you pay the 22 dollar registration fee.

First sticker now cost 42 dollars, if you want to title the bike there are more fees.

My XR 600 is for sale, I will not participate in the madness. I purchased a "plated" XR 400, revenue will not be increased by me. The XR 400 is registered, and plated, so the off road fund is minus my 42 dollars.

Disgusting.

cobra23

Ok I just read the thing again, and now am complete and confused.

Is it 20 to register, plus 20 for the sticker?
Or does the 20 do both?

dub

The registration and the sticker are the same thing:  $20.

There is an additional fee if want to title your OHV, but you don't need to if you purchased it before 7/1/12.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

cobra23

This thing makes me angry enough that I sold my XR 600.

Then purchased a "plated" XR 400.

Hah I don't buy sticker. Nevada gets the same amount of money from the plated bike as they did last year.

No net increase.