Main Menu

Sep 26th & 27th SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), September 08, 2009, 10:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

yell back.  You were fine,   he was trying to regain control after a car ended up 'dangerously' near the track, and it came out sideways. . . at you.
Your a good boy, Rick, and a great rider.
:)

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Justino on October 04, 2009, 07:25:38 PM
yell back.  You were fine,   he was trying to regain control after a car ended up 'dangerously' near the track, and it came out sideways. . . at you.

Thank you Justino. :) :)
No yell back I'm fine.

Team Gorgonzola

Yeah, it must have been sheer terror for Terry, imagine a car coming up the front straight, and a bunch of riders going the opposite direction at buck40....total carnage ++. He was all jacked up trying to get it under control. Of course, having different flag flying didn't make it better either. I know that corner workers have radios, so when Danny called the red flag everyone of them should have shown only it  ???
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justin

Quote from: scotinexcile on October 05, 2009, 07:42:13 AM
Quote from: Justino on October 04, 2009, 07:25:38 PM

I would not yell back at him that only gets you thrown off the track. The rider got off his bike while still on the track, his reasons were good, but Terry is VERY clear that is not to happen so he got pretty excited about it.
Terry has our safety as his 1st concern always
I wouldn't yell back, either.  I meant it sarcastically, which came across in the conversation with Rick, but not in type.
Thanks for bringing this up for everyone's benefit, Alan.
Always follow directions out there!  We can't have rogue agents doing their own thing.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Justino was kidding when he told me to yell back. Also he was in his honeymoon having a good sex that time. I would never yell Terry back.
I talked with Justino before. He said is illegal getting off the bike but he thought was too much yell.
In fact I think any SSA member will yell a track worker because we are good people even with someone who wasn’t so delicate with us. That’s my point of view.  :) :) :)

cobra23

Funny,

I can't resist inputting of my opinion here on the yell at you thing.

Here is why:

I spent two summers as a corner worker, gas pumper, and just all around nice guy at RFR.

I got to know Terry, if he yelled at you it would only be because he cares a great deal about your safety. There can be many things running around in his head while the radio's be blarrin in his ear, and he is trying to make sound decisions. Not an easy job.

I think he got pissy with me once, (can't remember why) I remmember thinking ahhhh ok, he is right. He is a very good guy. If he gets to yelln, it is only to expidite the process of track dynamics. He has always been real nice to me, even if I make a mistake.

I just don't want anyone to "beat" on him. Put yourself in his shoes.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Come on guys it's going too far.  8)
Do you guys think I'm mad with him or can not sleep at night anymore? Seriously Dude, I'm not mad with him. It's all good! If I stayed on my bike it would not happen. hehehe  ;D ;D

I'll be at RFR again for a lot of track days and I'm gonna talk to him as I used to do all the time... we everybody know hi's a good guy.  :-*

.... Relax.... I respect everyone ....  :P

Justin

Quote from: cobra23 on October 06, 2009, 10:11:39 PM
I just don't want anyone to "beat" on him. Put yourself in his shoes.
He was right, everyone agrees.
Nobody's giving Terry a hard time.
I'd hate to be in his shoes with a frickin' car headed up the drag strip with us headed down.

I was just goofing around with Rick and it came across as serious.

cobra23

All Good.

How the heck did a car get out there in the first place?

By the way, I am .. (well ok I am startin to feel like Nevada is home after almost three years) from Washington State....... the East side (Wenatchee) ... the "right side" as we like to say. Met a whole bunch of riders at WMRRA in Seattle and Spokane.

But anyway, never met a finer more welcoming and polite goup of riders than this one "SSA" ... seriuosly.

Justin

down the dirt road hugging the fence, into the pits of the 1/4 mile.  U turn onto the pad. Yikes