Main Menu

Sep 26th & 27th SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), September 08, 2009, 10:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

I think this is it for now. Z2 will be here Oct 10th.

If the weather stays good, who knows...Jerome is always looking to do more trackdays and he might be able to swing another weekend.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: racercosmo on September 20, 2009, 09:13:39 PM
I'd like to make it up there, but I'm riding at Thunderhill on Saturday, so I can't say I'll be up for riding after driving 250 miles, after riding for a day.

I think you can make it. I always do the same thing.
Two weekends ago "Chip", our friend, went to Laguna Seca on Friday, Thunderhill Saturday & Sunday and Monday morning he was in Reno working.
Note: he's over 50 years old. He is the men!!! :o
So, it's gonna be easy for you, right?... :)

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: n10sive on September 21, 2009, 09:47:22 PM
If the weather stays good, who knows...Jerome is always looking to do more trackdays and he might be able to swing another weekend.
that would be fantastic!!

Adiggity

Quote from: albend on September 19, 2009, 10:40:58 PM
The same thing as last time happened again. It did not give me a confirmation for the purchase except the paypal receipt. hopefully it works out like it did last trackday. 
Just bring your receipt, shouldn't be any problems.

wills

My "Power Rangers" suit (track leathers) finally arrived, so I signed up for the Saturday session. I have never been on RFR on 2 wheels, have done some 1/4 passes with the GTO. Hopefully I can find someone to ghost for a few laps to get a feel for this thing. Anyone mind me chasing them for a while? ::)
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

dearmash

Quote from: wills on September 22, 2009, 02:31:31 PM
My "Power Rangers" suit (track leathers) finally arrived, so I signed up for the Saturday session. I have never been on RFR on 2 wheels, have done some 1/4 passes with the GTO. Hopefully I can find someone to ghost for a few laps to get a feel for this thing. Anyone mind me chasing them for a while? ::)

The great part about the ssa days is they bring the instructors out.  Chase them around, good luck tryin' to catch 'em.

calreef18

Quick question, is there camping allowed at the track? I'm gonna go up Saturday night.

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

There are sighting laps in the morning and several instructors (me included) that would be happy to tow you around, as much or as little as you'd like.   It's a lot of track, but the you tube link is really a great place to start.

(the instructors will go as whatever speed you're comfortable with)

Justin

Yes camping is allowed, and ENCOURAGED.  I'll be there.
Dark Grey Subaru WRX next to the toy hauler.

Justino

whiskytango

FREE OF CHARGE while camping is story time with Justino!!!!!   Yah!!!
CHAINDRIVEN

Adiggity

As Justino said. Any of us would be happy to follow/lead you around for a bit and give some advise. Just don't be afraid to ask for some help.  :)

wills

Quote from: Adiggity on September 23, 2009, 11:20:26 AM
As Justino said. Any of us would be happy to follow/lead you around for a bit and give some advise. Just don't be afraid to ask for some help.  :)

Sounds good. I will arrive Sat AM around 7:45. I guess I have to take the "behave yourself" class and go through DOT inspection or something. Then I would like to buzz around a few times to try this place out. It took a couple of hours research just to get the right tire pressure for my set up, so hopefully that issue is resolved.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Rand

I was originally planning to make it out for this weekend to ride with you all.
But my umteenth high school reunion is this weekend in Chico, so I'm headed to Thunderhill.

Hopefully, I'll get to RFR in October.  It's been a busy summer, racing outrigger canoes and such, but the bike is about ready to roll.

Have a good weekend!

Rand

Rick Bay (BRA)

Take a look on Forecast this weekend at the track:

Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 56. North wind around 5 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 90.

Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 55.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 89.

Perfect temperture. Let's drink a lot of water..  8) 8) 8) 8)