Main Menu

Anybody riding today or tomorrow? (04/22/12)

Started by GreenMachine, April 21, 2012, 09:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I'm thinking of riding Sunday (04/22/12).  Anybody got ideas for good destinations?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Several of us are getting together for an exploratory ride into the Sierras tomorrow.  North route departure @9:30 or thereabouts.  :blackbike :ylwbike2  :grnbike
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

n10sive

Just finished a 425 mile ride. Butt is sore. Need more seat time before I try and keep up with GreenMachine.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

Are you getting in shape for the August Fecta ride?  It's gonna be a hoot.  Where'd you go today for 425 miles?

Quite the lovely day for a ride.  We had two hour pizza in Downieville, which was very warm by the way.  Then we went a little further down Hwy 49 before turning back.  Some of us got some unneeded attention, but nothing bad.  Just verbal reprimands.   I was getting schooled today by the pros and was just far enough out of sight not to be dragged into any of that mess. 

There was some other drama from today's ride too or so Brian and I thought.   Thought someone got their bike impounded, but not even close.  It ran out of fuel.   That's better than the alternative and a little bit of payback for not starting exactly where we said we would.  Stopped at some of the better spots for shade, water and scenery. 

Still too sandy for about four miles on both sides of Yuba Pass to push anything more than a C pace.  It doesn't look bad riding up front, but is all too apparent for those following.  Snow still covers the summit, which made for a chilly ride for those with textile gear.  The ride to/from Downieville was kinda a sweatfest.  I was in full leathers, so it just felt good to me.  I've always liked this route.  What a treat!

n10sive

I rode to Marin on Saturday for a friends concert and party with some BARFers and then back today.
Was weird to break out the summer riding gear!

I concur on the sand. Hwy 50 over the summit was like dirt biking in spots.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Tahoebrian5

One of the highlights for sure was Tom's recap of his police encounter when the officer aparently complimented my riding.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

wills

Eleanor decided to go over Monitor, which was as clean as a day in July...just perfect! No cops either!
A little to early for Yuba.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on April 23, 2012, 08:07:25 AM
One of the highlights for sure was Tom's recap of his police encounter when the officer apparently complimented my riding.
:respect  What I've been saying about your riding all along.

Tahoebrian5

Well get yourself a yellow bike so you can be more like me

sparkygixxer

I'm in, where we leaving from at 9: 30a

Tahoebrian5

I think you missed the boat! This thread is from last weekend

sparkygixxer