Main Menu

Answer: you used a handgun while riding on the street

Started by GreenMachine, June 19, 2010, 01:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

This is an alternate question from the other thread Re: carrying a concealed weapon while riding? Given the feedback on that thread, it appears many of you travel with a firearm for a reason.  Which makes me wonder if I'm putting myself into perilous situations (riding alone, riding through groups of other riders, parking alongside other makes of motorcycles, etc...) unknowingly.  :o  

Please elaborate on actual situations where you  possessed a firearm and had to use it (draw or fire) in a street riding situation.  Gulp.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

well...there was this old lady once. Really nasty looking...blue hair...poker stair...motorized scooter...leather petticoat. She was giving me the bird and she looked pretty tough, so I drew down on her. She won't be doing that anymore!

LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

jlavallee

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Why do you buy home insurance, keep a fire extinguisher or wear a helmet?

If someone wants to live in a dream world where bad things never happen to good people, that is their choice as long as they don't infringe on mine.

cobra23

Always carry on long trips. There are wayyyyy too many drug dealers running the highway.

Never had to even pull it out of the carry mode.

All good with that. I don't want to use it, but I sure don't want to be withuot it if it's needed.

sttub

04 gixxer 6

BluApe

Quote from: jlavallee on June 19, 2010, 07:03:24 AM
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Why do you buy home insurance, keep a fire extinguisher or wear a helmet?

If someone wants to live in a dream world where bad things never happen to good people, that is their choice as long as they don't infringe on mine.

Agreed

Raingang

Lots of long trips. Here to the PNW, Coloado, Mexico, Arizona, Las Vegas. Never brought one, never needed one. I do carry a big knife though I've never needed it.
boring old signature.

dmh2000

since our sunday rides mostly go to California, be careful.  concealed carry, transporting a loaded gun or a magazine over 10 rounds is a felony, among several other pitfalls.
dave

edmunsan

Quote from: dmh2000 on June 20, 2010, 06:11:05 PM
since our sunday rides mostly go to California, be careful.  concealed carry, transporting a loaded gun or a magazine over 10 rounds is a felony, among several other pitfalls.
Here we have a thinker, thinking it thru. I carry ALKALINE WATER in a bottle! Oh ya, and Im not afraid to use it! especially on hot day's. Some maybe armed but I'll be hydrated!
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

A DRAGON

Quote from: kneejerk on June 20, 2010, 08:18:29 PM
Quote from: dmh2000 on June 20, 2010, 06:11:05 PM
Here we have a thinker, thinking it thru. I carry ALKALINE WATER in a bottle! Oh ya, and Im not afraid to use it! especially on hot day's. Some maybe armed but I'll be hydrated!

I'm not against carrying them. It just seems if you carry one your generally looking for a chance to use it. I believe the statics are high on home invasion where the owners are killed with their own gun. I think that's what I fear the most. I know if your going to carry one you should be very knowledgeable on when and where to use it. I'd just hate to make a bad choice and have to live with it for the rest of my life. So I try to stay out of those situations as much as possible.

Keep a smile on my face. Try not to be threatening to anyone. Stay away from alcohol and drugs they impair you decision making.  I also know as a man of color some people just need to be shot!  Some people just aren't going to like you and will do things that are unpredictable. How do you get out of a bad place you really didn't want to be in? ???
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

jlavallee

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 21, 2010, 12:01:40 PM
I'm not against carrying them. It just seems if you carry one your generally looking for a chance to use it. I believe the statics are high on home invasion where the owners are killed with their own gun. I think that's what I fear the most. I know if your going to carry one you should be very knowledgeable on when and where to use it. I'd just hate to make a bad choice and have to live with it for the rest of my life. So I try to stay out of those situations as much as possible.

Keep a smile on my face. Try not to be threatening to anyone. Stay away from alcohol and drugs they impair you decision making.  I also know as a man of color some people just need to be shot!  Some people just aren't going to like you and will do things that are unpredictable. How do you get out of a bad place you really didn't want to be in? ???

I think you're wrong in a huge way on the "looking for a chance to use it" theory as pretty much anyone I've met who carries regularly NEVER wants to use it. I have no moral issues with using whatever means necessary to protect myself but the legal implications are another thing since the law is not lways about justice. That being said, I refuse to believe that we're all living in some disney movie. Anyone with a CCW permit has passed a background check and has no criminal record or history of any mental illness. Conceal carry has resulted in reduced crime much to the dismay of the control advocates who predicted blood flowing in the streets.  ::)

Jerome, I got nothing but love for you but the best thing about this country is the bill of rights and there is a reason the founding fathers put the 2nd in place.

A DRAGON

Mister Jason. If it came to a vote. I wouldn't vote against a person wanting to carry a  weapon. You and I both know or have seen people who are or should I say kinda weird anyway. Those are the ones I know scare me because though they might not have a ccw, can get one if they want. It's the law. Those are the ones that worry me. I'm sure most people with a criminal record didn't get it with their birth certificate.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750