Main Menu

THUNDERHILL WITH K@TT April Mon 4th, Tues 5th - Mon 26, Tue 27th.

Started by Team Gorgonzola, January 26, 2011, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneup

Quote from: Rick Bay on April 02, 2011, 10:06:26 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on April 02, 2011, 09:35:38 PM
Rick, I'll be in "A" but I also hanging in B+ with Roberto and Brad.

Wow, I'd like to ride on B+ too... How could I ride both groups Alberto?

You are currently signed up for B+ group, at least that's what you asked for.  If you want to change it just let Lance know.  Also with Keigwins if they aren't full you can usually group jump a little bit.  Lance doesn't mind as long as long as it doesn't affect the riders of other groups.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

dub

Quote from: Oneup on April 03, 2011, 10:24:43 AMAlso with Keigwins if they aren't full you can usually group jump a little bit.  Lance doesn't mind as long as long as it doesn't affect the riders of other groups.

How many do they allow in a group?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Oneup

Lance's formula is about 17 riders per mile.  So, 17x3.3= around 56.  This number also includes his instructors.  I believe he also allows for VIP pass holders.  Having the pass means you can ride in any one group for the day, even if it's sold out. Since there are 8 of us he probably fits that into his equation. To be honest I've never seen more than 50 people per group at a Keigwins day.  In the morning it's usually more full but in the afternoon I've never had a problem group jumping (except the Infineon day before an AFM weekend, Lance has very strict rules about that day).

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Oneup on April 03, 2011, 10:24:43 AM
Quote from: Rick Bay on April 02, 2011, 10:06:26 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on April 02, 2011, 09:35:38 PM
Rick, I'll be in "A" but I also hanging in B+ with Roberto and Brad.

Wow, I'd like to ride on B+ too... How could I ride both groups Alberto?

You are currently signed up for B+ group, at least that's what you asked for.  If you want to change it just let Lance know.  Also with Keigwins if they aren't full you can usually group jump a little bit.  Lance doesn't mind as long as long as it doesn't affect the riders of other groups.

I called Lance and changed both days for A group, now I wanna now if I can ride both groups to be with my friends in both groups, you know what I mean?

dub

Thanks, Greg.  That's way more than I thought.

Well, I'll be down in B+, come on down and play with me :).  I don't think I'm turning 2:15s at Thill yet.

Oneup

Quote from: Rick Bay on April 03, 2011, 03:50:04 PM

I called Lance and changed both days for A group, now I wanna now if I can ride both groups to be with my friends in both groups, you know what I mean?

You probably won't be able to in the morning but in the afternoon you shouldn't have any problem riding in two groups.  Just wait until the fourth session or later and try.  The grid marshals are pretty cool and they will let you know if you can run in a second group or not.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Oneup on April 03, 2011, 06:28:58 PM
Quote from: Rick Bay on April 03, 2011, 03:50:04 PM

You probably won't be able to in the morning but in the afternoon you shouldn't have any problem riding in two groups.  Just wait until the fourth session or later and try.  The grid marshals are pretty cool and they will let you know if you can run in a second group or not.

Thanks Greg, you're the man!!

Btw, have you received my mail?

dub

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: dub on April 05, 2011, 10:11:32 PM
Fun day guys.
Yeah! Such a good time!!
Both days were perfect. Weather couldn't be better and any SSA member involved in an accident.
Thank you all for coming out there. I had great time again.
See you guys soon.
Rick

Team Gorgonzola

Well it sure was an amazing time, got down to 2:14's lap times and I think I can shave quite a few seconds still. On a less joyful note my engine blew up on the last session of Tuesday. Damn!! I loved that bike. Time for a new engine...I guess! Chip was there and even Dean. I truly enjoy the company of everyone that made it there from Reno, Rick, you sure are a fast devil and Dub, you picked up a lot of speed (and a R6) since I rode with you last time!! I better keep up this "track day" thing before I turn into a "slow-mo" grandpa ;D
Video is on the way.....
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on April 08, 2011, 01:44:04 AM
I better keep up this "track day" thing before I turn into a "slow-mo" grandpa ;D
Video is on the way.....

That's my title...you can't have it  >:(

Besides...I am a REAL grandpa twice over now. You have a while to go yet young one  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Rick, you sure are a fast devil

Thanks, Alberto.
That's all about it, I love this thing!
See you on next track day. By the way, do you wanna go to WSBK and track day after or not? Please let me know.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Rick Bay on April 08, 2011, 11:01:42 PM
Rick, you sure are a fast devil

Thanks, Alberto.
That's all about it, I love this thing!
See you on next track day. By the way, do you wanna go to WSBK and track day after or not? Please let me know.
You betcha!
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Rick Bay (BRA)

Team Gorgonzola

Yes please....Whatcha doin' the 25th and 26th this month? I'll be back at T-Hill :P
-Hunter S. Thompson-