Main Menu

THUNDERHILL WITH K@TT April Mon 4th, Tues 5th - Mon 26, Tue 27th.

Started by Team Gorgonzola, January 26, 2011, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E!

Quote from: Rand on March 21, 2011, 01:14:58 PM
Take your time and get up to speed as the day progresses.  Thunderhill is a fast, flowing track, with great rhythm.  You'll wonder why you waited so long!

+1  Great track. Referecnce points, reference points, reference points... will help the track flow, reduce tunnel vision and make it easier to gain confidence as your pace picks up throughout the day. Because the track is faster... crashes there tend to hurt more. Not to scare you, but to keep your focus on your riding [what you're doing and when you're doing it] and being SMOOTH. Don't worry much about your speeds or lap times. Did I mention reference points?  
E

Accelerated Rider Coaching
www.ARC-Trackademics.com
ethan@ARC-Trackademics.com

Oneup

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on March 17, 2011, 11:11:01 PM

There we go Greg, thanks for the clarification....
Buy the way, are you thinking to go at Thunderhill @ Apr 4th and 5th too?

Sorry Rick but I rarely ride on weekdays.  I still have the 4th and 25th for sale if anyone is interested.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Oneup on March 22, 2011, 10:20:03 AM
Quote from: Rick Tahoe on March 17, 2011, 11:11:01 PM

There we go Greg, thanks for the clarification....
Buy the way, are you thinking to go at Thunderhill @ Apr 4th and 5th too?

Sorry Rick but I rarely ride on weekdays.  I still have the 4th and 25th for sale if anyone is interested.

Too bad...
Long time I do not see you....

Rick Bay (BRA)

Are you guys watching the weather?
Do you have any idea how the weather is gonna be Apr 4th and 5th?

dub

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on March 23, 2011, 11:51:57 AM
Are you guys watching the weather?
Do you have any idea how the weather is gonna be Apr 4th and 5th?

Watching like a hawk.  Long range models are notoriously inaccurate as the rapidly changing weather patterns of spring are hard to forecast.  7 days out we should have a pretty solid idea of the weather for the 4th and 5th.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

n10sive

Quote from: dub on March 23, 2011, 08:48:36 PM
Watching like a hawk.  Long range models are notoriously inaccurate as the rapidly changing weather patterns of spring are hard to forecast.  7 days out we should have a pretty solid idea of the weather for the 4th and 5th.

Can you please stop staring at it, I think you are pissing it off  :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Tires go on today, painted bodywork this weekend...can't wait!!!
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Team Gorgonzola

Just saw the forecast that ends Friday April 1st and it shows "Partly cloudy with 66 degrees"...I think I can...I think I can....
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Rand on March 21, 2011, 01:14:58 PM
JP - It might be best to start out following somebody.  Take your time and get up to speed as the day progresses.  Thunderhill is a fast, flowing track, with great rhythm.  You'll wonder why you waited so long!

No doubt about that. Everybody that knows me knows that I like to take it easy, sometimes too much easy... ;D But I rather be safe, my school insurance sucks! But thanks for the tip. I'll definitely start up following an instructor and getting a feeling about the track lines and reference points as the day goes on, working on each corner at a time...

Quote from: E! on March 21, 2011, 01:32:21 PM
+1  Great track. Referecnce points, reference points, reference points... will help the track flow, reduce tunnel vision and make it easier to gain confidence as your pace picks up throughout the day. Because the track is faster... crashes there tend to hurt more. Not to scare you, but to keep your focus on your riding [what you're doing and when you're doing it] and being SMOOTH. Don't worry much about your speeds or lap times. Did I mention reference points? 

Reference points?? What is it?? ;D ;D Jokes apart, you are right my friend, SMOOTHness seems to be the key on the track and that will be my next goal...not forgetting about the reference points, of course...

Hopefully I'll be able to ride along with you guys on those tracks and use one tip or a thousand from fellow riders.
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

dub

youngster775

The weather sounds wonderful! Man, I wish I could make this!!!
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

dub

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 74.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.

n10sive

Quote from: dub on March 30, 2011, 03:52:20 PM

so....you done watching and gonna get your butt over there and ride? :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: n10sive on March 30, 2011, 04:11:13 PM
Quote from: dub on March 30, 2011, 03:52:20 PM

so....you done watching and gonna get your butt over there and ride? :)

LOL.... :rotflmao come on over.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Rick Bay (BRA)

Hey Guys I signed up for B group. Everybody is going to B, right? Let me know, please. I still have time to change it.
AlsoI need a ride to THill from the Bay area, somebody know who could help me? I share the expenses....