Main Menu

Opinions on this shock

Started by TimSRAD750, February 16, 2009, 02:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimSRAD750

Hello all,

I know I may get slammed for trying to pinch some pennies while upgrading my suspension but please have a look at this shock and let me know your thoughts.  I would need to respring it for my fat @ss.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98-99-gsxr600-gsxr-750-gsxr750-fox-shock-ohlins_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQihZ001QQitemZ110350887341QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If this could be a viable upgrade, how much to have it serviced and what would be your highest bid.  I can't drop $700+ for a new rear shock right now.  Would I be better off having my stocker revalved and resprung?

I'm a spirited canyon rider with aspirations for my first trackday with SSA.

Thanks,
Tim

Yard Sale

Fox shocks were the dog's bollocks back in the day. That should be fully rebuildable (ask Zoran) and well worth bidding on.

jlavallee

Don't waste your money, the stocker will be fine for the pace you'll likely be running as you learn. I'm about 250lbs naked and I can deal with a stock shock spring until a B+ group pace without really being affected by it.  

Spend all your money on track time, protective gear and tires for a while. You can create a whole lot of problems by messing with suspension if you don't know what you're doing. Get the sag as close as you can on stock springs and then get tweak the damping and unless something is wrong, it'll do fine while you learn.

I had a 97 750 BTW, that was a killer bike.

Adiggity

Quote from: Yard Sale on February 16, 2009, 03:58:57 PM
Fox shocks were the dog's bollocks back in the day. That should be fully rebuildable (ask Zoran) and well worth bidding on.
+1. BTW, Zoran is TWF on this site. He is usually good at checking in on here but I would send him a pm since your time is limited.