Main Menu

engine miss running rough after hard shift into 5th

Started by ryanmoliver, March 21, 2009, 04:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanmoliver

Does anybody have an idea what my problem might be. I was at RFR on march 15th and coming off the last corner I shifted no problem then shifting into 5th at max rpm as soon as I let the clutch out my bike began to shake pretty bad so I pulled off now the bike feels as if it has a mis its running rough in neutral or in gear just wondering if anybody has experienced this before. any feedback would be appreciated Thanks Ryan I did not downshift when this problem happened It was a good shift.  never hit the rev limiter or back tire never locked up for a bit. :(

cobra23

Here is a longshot but simple,

Sometimes the coils will get loose in the mountings, and you loose full grounding, as the bike is vibrating the coils loose energy for a milisecond on, then off. Makes the bike run horrible.

I would think it was terminal, but the new bikes hardly ever blow up, most of the time it's an ignition grounding or loose connector somewhere.

Thought I blew up a bike once, in a huge panic, I was thinking about valves and rods and the whole deal, got all set to tear it down, only to find out from a real good bike mechanic, the mounting bolts on the coils were loose!!! :D

Best of luck mate..

ryanmoliver

Thank you so much I just changed the plugs about 2k miles ago and only have done three trackdays since I hope that is the problem!