Main Menu

V.C Truck Route

Started by dub, July 28, 2010, 08:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

You were talking with Trinie and me (Wiles). Wills and I are two different people. Confusing, I know.

Anyway, I'm down for monitor next Friday. You could could come over mt rose and through the south shore to scoop me up. Earlier is better than later; I have some things to take care of next Friday afternoon.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

A DRAGON

I was talking with Trinie. She mentioned construction on Mt. Rose and Kingsbury grade on the way down to Carson. We'll have to get more info.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

Yeah, there is construction pretty much any way you leave the basin. It sucks. Yesterday I got stopped by flaggers on 89 over Luther pass and again coming back down Kingsbury.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

sparkygixxer

I'll probably take a ride up and down VC Wednesday as well as Kingsbury and Mt. Rose to see how the construction is.  I got my tunes man...so the only thing that sucks with construction is that little thing known as HEAT.  HAHAHA ;)

Either way I'll let you all know if the construction is ongoing.  Mmmmmmkay

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

The lower portion of the truck route has been slurried.  IMO it's not worth riding after that point.  It's after the long straight where that accident was.  Horrifying skid marks, if you haven't seen them yet.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Id you go up their again. Stop and take some picks and post them on that tread. especially of the edge of the road where he went off.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Bigcat

GM is right. Did truck route yesterday and don't even bother with the lower half. A real mess. :-\

Adiggity

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 31, 2010, 02:16:14 AM
The lower portion of the truck route has been slurried.  IMO it's not worth riding after that point.  It's after the long straight where that accident was.  Horrifying skid marks, if you haven't seen them yet.
Wow, what accident? What is slurried anyway? Sorry, sometimes I'm slow.

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on July 31, 2010, 05:32:20 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on July 31, 2010, 02:16:14 AM
Wow, what accident? What is slurried anyway? Sorry, sometimes I'm slow.

The guy on the Porche rally that drove off the cliff and kilt himself. It's on here somewhere...but too lazy to go find it again :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity

Quote from: n10sive on July 31, 2010, 05:35:34 PM

The guy on the Porche rally that drove off the cliff and kilt himself. It's on here somewhere...but too lazy to go find it again :)
Oh! thanks. Got it.  :)

sparkygixxer

took the piaggio up today.  Will post pics later tonight.  Of the skid marks I found.

sparkygixxer

Here are some pics me and the Piaggio took today on VC
http://picasaweb.google.com/sparkygixxer/SkidOnVC#

Not quite sure if this is the one of the race car accident, but it was the worst one I saw.

n10sive

I think you need an SSA sticker for your bike Trinie  :P :D

Skid marks look fast, but I thought they said the guy went a few hundred yards down a cliff with lots of rocks *dunno*
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

sparkygixxer

Quote from: n10sive on July 31, 2010, 08:21:31 PM
I think you need an SSA sticker for your bike Trinie  :P :D

You didn't see it?!? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\  hmmmmmm I guess I'll have to ask Jerome to make me a bigger one :D hahaha