Main Menu

TOS question

Started by Justino, July 09, 2010, 12:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justino

I have yet to get a response after asking this privately, so I'll ask the entire executive board.

Are there any subjects, regional events, track days, bike nights, motorcycle clubs, or businesses that are not allowed to be mentioned in this forum?

I see some threads get edited, locked, and entire posts vanish, so I thought I'd ask before anyone gets banned inadvertently.
Can I get a ruling on this before there is a loss of posting privileges?

(this isn't a flame thread, so unless you are intending on addressing the question don't attack this site, the leaders, or the membership.

It's not fair to use my question as an avenue to attack the board members who deserve some time to answer)
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

n10sive

shit talk has been removed.

I think justino asked a legit question (that I don't have an answer for as I have never been given a guideline). As far as I know, only one person can answer that and his name is Jerome. As a moderator here (as were you Justino), we have never received anything official as to what, or who is not able to post here. I only know of one item being deleted this week and that was by Jerome, and yes, it was his decision alone.

It has been explained that posting here is a privilege and that Jerome will not allow things that in his opinion is harmful to the SSA. We also have a TOS that hopefully is enforced without prejudice.

I think in the one case this week, that person and Jerome exchanged messages.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justino

for the record. . . shit talk removed by me when I removed the whole thread and reposted it. 

I am speaking of a professional trackday company, an individual employed by them, any organziation that is working with another specific individual, another club's bike night location, and the locking of that 'bike night in the region' thread.  I believe all of these were within 7 to 10 days.

what should I avoid in order to maintain a membership in good standing with the club?

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on July 09, 2010, 12:10:02 PM
for the record. . . shit talk removed by me when I removed the whole thread and reposted it. 

I am speaking of a professional trackday company, an individual employed by them, any organziation that is working with another specific individual, another club's bike night location, and the locking of that 'bike night in the region' thread.  I believe all of these were within 7 to 10 days.

what should I avoid in order to maintain a membership in good standing with the club?

HAHA. I removed all but your post and tried to post mine and was locked out. Saw the thread disappeared and came back so reposted mine thinking it was a glitch :)

And yes, you are correct so excuse me for missing those that were modified and deleted. Again, I have nothing official on this, but you are correct. Posts have been edited and removed containing to those subjects.

Adiggity

Jusitino. n10sive's answer mirrors mine to the T. I have not deleted any posts (except expired classified ads) in the last 2 months. I have never deleted posts that I didn't get specific order from Jerome. The posts that have been deleted have been done by the President of the club and he is very clear about using his right to do so. We have no say in the matter. All these questions have to be answered by Jerome. If he's not responding to your pm, I would suggest calling him. In case you haven't figured it out, Jerome isn't big on resolving issues online. Phone or face to face are the best ways to go about these things with him.

Justino

Quote from: Adiggity on July 09, 2010, 12:34:53 PM
Phone or face to face are the best ways to go about these things with him.

It needs to be documented.  Phone and Face to face don't get the commercials made.

Raingang

I'm interested in the answer to this actually. I was pretty dissappointed when my post was edited without any warning or a request to edit it myself. Actually I didn't even get any info on why it was edited. Most forums will fill you in on why or what was done.

I just feel like to some degree it depends on who posts it and not what is posted. Bit of a bummer really.
boring old signature.

Justino

Thanks Andy and Dale for your timely, as well as honest, replies.  We'll all just have to wait for Jerome's position, which I have been doing for several days.  I see his posts here, and on other boards, so it's not really a question of being busy.

Basically another club in town is doing a track weekend, and if Jerome can't support RFRT, than perhaps the rumors about squeezing other providers out of the area are substantiated.  It is with a heavy heart that I may have unknowingly contributed to the tracks demise in my tenure as SSA Vice President/Member/Volunteer.

We all should be supporting the track, it's our playground, beach and sandbox, and summer camp.
Exclusivity and separation in motorcycle clubs should be reserved for those that traffic in narcotics.
(which i'm not really a fan of either)

jlavallee

Quote from: Justino on July 09, 2010, 02:30:49 PM
Thanks Andy and Dale for your timely, as well as honest, replies.  We'll all just have to wait for Jerome's position, which I have been doing for several days.  I see his posts here, and on other boards, so it's not really a question of being busy.

Basically another club in town is doing a track weekend, and if Jerome can't support RFRT, than perhaps the rumors about squeezing other providers out of the area are substantiated.  It is with a heavy heart that I may have unknowingly contributed to the tracks demise in my tenure as SSA Vice President/Member/Volunteer.

We all should be supporting the track, it's our playground, beach and sandbox, and summer camp.
Exclusivity and separation in motorcycle clubs should be reserved for those that traffic in narcotics.
(which i'm not really a fan of either)

Justino,

I don't know the specifics to any of this so I can only speak of my opinion and that is to as you put it, keep our playground in place. Again, I am only speaking of what I've seen and know but I have seen other dates at RFR listed here in years past with Kegwins and Zoom Zoom. Am I missing more on this story?

TWF

Basically another club in town is doing a track weekend, and if Jerome can't support RFRT, than perhaps the rumors about squeezing other providers out of the area are substantiated.
How exactly is this squeezing done?

Raingang

Like making lemonade. Firmly but with a lot of sugar to make it sweet.
boring old signature.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: TWF on July 09, 2010, 07:33:30 PM
Basically another club in town is doing a track weekend, and if Jerome can't support RFRT, than perhaps the rumors about squeezing other providers out of the area are substantiated.
How exactly is this squeezing done?

No squeezing is taking place, otherwise the other club, couldn't have book a date at the track. Jerome support RFRT more than anyone I know; Justino, you know that....as far as rumors, someone started one that claim I have a fat ass ;D ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Most of the reasons a Moderator does these things are pretty obvious. If you can't figure it out. Try using common Sense. That's the reason we have Moderators on a website. If you can't use common sense. We do it for you. ;D

If you want to know where I stand on these issues all you have to do is call me. I'm sure you have my cell.

Rainman. I see we still don't know who  you are. I don't believe I know you. I probably do, but your hiding under your Berka again. You never seem to come onto the site unless you want to talk some trash or stir up some mess. Why is that? You claim you want our support. I don't see you giving us any.  I haven't seen you at our bike nights or our track days at RFR. Where is your support for RFR. If you support the SSA. The SSA will support you. I was told  there was another post today we had to remove. I wonder what club that person came from? I really wish you would take all this Drama somewhere else. The members on this site just want to ride motorcycles. No politics. No Drama. No trash talking. No condescending remarks Just topics about motorcycles.  Every response you received on this topic, I believe they all told you the same thing. If it really means that much to you. Take their advice.  

My I also mention. Justino. You don't know my schedule. You have no idea what I have to do during my day. Maybe I should start a twitter account. :D I have a life outside of this website. I've tried to contact you twice already this evening and and called you last night. Exchanged 2 text messages with you. For some reason you just won't answer your phone.  You have time to send me a text. But no time to talk. You had time  to sit in a chair and monitor the web site but no time to call me. I guess that's me being unapproachable again.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Raingang

Dude, yes you all know who I am. Wasn't hiding really. My avatar is linked to my Smugmug account so pretty easy. The name change wasn't malicious it was a joking nickname I got at Miller riding in the rain last month when I passed Justin Mustalka & Myron in the rain... LOL!!  Thought you had probably heard that story but guess not. So, to clear it up Rainman is Gangplank. Same person, different avatar. So should I go by Rainplank?? HaHa :)  

boring old signature.

n10sive