Main Menu

Try Your Favorite Triumph, Demos Here

Started by wills, April 18, 2010, 08:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmh2000

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 18, 2010, 08:26:21 AM
Perhaps, but where is Freedom Cycle?  I have yet to find this illusive shop.  Is there building like that tail back you bought yesterday.  When people try to find their unlisted building it collapses behind some desert brush?

get there via South Virginia. Go in at the light just north of South Meadows, like you are going to Winco. But turn left into the office park instead of right into winco, then keep going to the end.
dave

rick07r6

Quote from: Justino on April 27, 2010, 10:09:17 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! 
Anyone else find it strange that we learn of this in a 'Triumph Demo' post?

Yeah wheres the love!! Congratulations Jerome!

wills

I spent yesterday checking and fueling 15 demo bikes. Triumph has put full Arrow exhaust systems on many of these bikes including the Speed Triple, Street Triple, and Daytona. They also sent a fewThunderbirds, one having the big bore kit. Weather finally looks good so stop by and try one out!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Bigcat

May have to come down and check out one of those speed trippples

dmh2000

I have a speed triple with the stock exhaust. i want to try one with the Arrow. see you around 1:00!
dave

XIII

Went there today with Kim but we didn't have enough time to demo. The format: you sign a waiver, go on the street to demo for 20 minutes behind a demo leader, come back, rinse and repeat for a different bike. Look to spend at least 45 minutes there for one ride (waiting and riding). I will be back there tomorrow morning with Kim so she can finally ride a Bonneville.

rick07r6

Jenny and I will be down tomorrow as well. See ya there!

oldBolt

Quote from: n10sive on April 18, 2010, 06:06:53 PM
those triples are pretty squatty and the riding position almost looks fetal to me LOL
If you have a long body or legs, might not be real comfy.

Ok I will have to agree with this now.
Went and road the T100, It felt like the shifter was 100 miles away. I could barley cover the break.  Need big hands. The bars felt high and awkward but by the time we came back it was feeling better.  I had no time to try another bike but I got there around 1:40 and was on the ride at 2:00. Might go tomorrow to try the 675. No ST on the truck.  Might have to wait longer for more popular bikes.  IT WAS FUN, worth the trip.
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

edmunsan

I would like to demo a MV Agusta F4 Brad said no F- in way, check out the Tiger
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

wills

Quote from: edmunsan on April 30, 2010, 10:30:58 PM
I would like to demo a MV Agusta F4 Brad said no F- in way, check out the Tiger
You are 2 years too late. He had an F-4 demo which I got to ride for a "few miles". That's a pretty bike, but a race bike to the core.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

XIII

Bonneville was fun...but the Scrambler is my next street bike... ;D That thing was a blast. Didn't get to try the Thruxton though  :'(

youngster775

I tried the Daytona 675 and, It handled well, but the bike seemed to have a very short wheelbase and high seat height. wasn't comfortable for me.
I wanted to give the speed triple a run, but it was double booked the rest of the day  :( seemed to be some good feedback from the riders I talked to.
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

Daytona is a tall bike for sure.  

PS
I'm glad you got your pants closed, sweetie

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Justino on May 01, 2010, 09:49:55 PM
Daytona is a tall bike for sure.  

PS
I'm glad you got your pants closed, sweetie

LOL :D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

XIII

Quote from: youngster775 on May 01, 2010, 09:46:38 PM
I tried the Daytona 675 and, It handled well, but the bike seemed to have a very short wheelbase and high seat height. wasn't comfortable for me.
I wanted to give the speed triple a run, but it was double booked the rest of the day  :( seemed to be some good feedback from the riders I talked to.

:lol. I wouldn't be able to tell wether a bike handles well or not on a silly ride like that. Throttle response, motor character, and ergo's but not whether the bike handled well. Besides, the wheelbase is very similar (the same?) as the 675. Speed Triple wheelbase = 56.2 in. while the 675 is 54.8 in. Though the speed triple is a hooligan bike for sure.