Main Menu

Trackday Virgin Needs Guidance and Help!

Started by rubyroo, July 16, 2009, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubyroo

Hi All rubyroo here. (Aka toni) I've done a test and tune day, but never a trackday. I need some help (please) getting my little scoot (cbr600) to the track and learning the in's and out's of doing a trackday. If anyone is willing to help, I'd be super grateful. Of course helping with gas $$ I would most certainly do. I have an EZ up, carpet/rug (jerome seems to really like that idea since he suggested it), lots of coolers for water and food....call me 846.JUMP and let me know please. I may try to make the swim ride, but not too sure yet. Tires getting on the yucky side. (I know I know, yucky is a new technical term I just learned) Thanks ahead of time. toni

n10sive

where you coming from Toni? Will help determine who can help you.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

I can help you once at the track... this is from the "straight talk about track days" post.
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=1294.0

It is easy to feel overwhelmed if it's your first time.  I promise you, it has everything to do with who you are with.
  Come out with us on one of our days, and pit with me.  I'll make sure you have the support and camaraderie that makes riding at the track so incredibly awesome.  I'll be happy to introduce you to everyone I know and hook you up with right people that have the answers to your questions.  We are easily the most supportive and friendly bunch I've come across (on 2 coasts with 7 different organizations)
I'm serious!  The only thing better than a day at the track is sharing it with others.

Straighten out the yucky tire situation.  There may be some "take offs" available from SPL.
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=1121.0

MotoPutz

I called her and left a message, hopefully we can get a bit more info...

2wcp

I might have some extra room in my trailer, heading out there Saturday morning also. Post back if you still need help.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Dragone

I can fit another bike in my trailer if need be for the next weekend track day.  North Valleys here, pm a number if I can be of any help.

rubyroo

Wow, thank you all for the offers for help. I SOOO appreciate it.
You know, when I first started riding it was with SSA and even then everyone was so helpful.
Anyhoo, I'm in old Sparks, off Victorian. I chose the Saturday trackday since I know two days in a row would totally kick my a$$. Putz called me and mentioned and mentioned riding out with Alan and Beth. Pitting with Tino is fine too.
And yes, I had already talked to SPL about changing the tires, the yucky thing is what happens when you use your scoot for a commuter bike.
Thank you all again.
toni

Dragone

rubyroo

Holey Freakin' Moley!!! That was absolutely the most fun I've had on my scoot ever! Allan, thank you for taking my cbr out there. And Justino....you are my hero. You showed me how to get around the track and gave me a lot of tips, pointers and suggestions, (even the tip of 'chain love') THANK YOU.  Thank you Jerome for being such a great host. And thanks to those I met that were supportive and helpful, I truly appreciate it. I will definitely be at trackdays more often.   

Dragone

Congrats on the safe experience.  It is always good learning around SSA track days.

youngster775

you looked awesome out there toni!!! good job! now get your man to do it :o......
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F