Main Menu

Z2 @ RFR this weekend 6/20-6/21

Started by weavefish, June 16, 2009, 07:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Timex

Can somebody explain exactly what a Z2 weekend is like.  I'm thinking I might make my first trip to the track.  I wondering if it's basicly an open track day?  Or do you have to sign up for the class, how does it work?

ChrisM

I'll be there Sunday.  I signed up for Novice School, even though I've had a few days at RFR.  I am a fan of instruction but the real reason is it's father's day and I bought my dad who has 58 years of street riding experience a trackday for fathers day.  So we can take the class and instructed sessions together.  I'm looking forward to it for reasons larger the motorcycling.  He brought me to the racetrack when I got my license, bought me drivers instruction back when I raced RX7s.  So now I'm returning the favor.

I'll be the slow guy on the 08 cbr 1000 (met some of you before at RFR, in fact on day 1 for me at this track I cut off Eddie in a rookie/frightened move, got read the riot act from Big Al, deservedly,  and to this day I am ashamed...) and he will be the fast guy on an 01 Speed Triple.

Really stoked on it for sure.

Oneup

If I get Sunday off (not likely). . . . . . . . . . . .

It will still be Fathers day and I will have a near zero percent chance of making it. Have fun.

What's up with ZZ scheduling this year? Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers Day- I wonder if they got a track discount by scheduling these days.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

quinn

dr1150

"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

Duc Rider

JENX!!!

I FINALLY broke the 3 min barrier @ RFR!!!! YEY!!!!!!!!!!! 2:57ish!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! ;D big thanks to Quinn and Eric for the push.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

Quote from: JENX!!! on June 22, 2009, 01:50:59 PM
I FINALLY broke the 3 min barrier @ RFR!!!! YEY!!!!!!!!!!! 2:57ish!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! ;D big thanks to Quinn and Eric for the push.

yes good job jenx... way to shave off those seconds. u are safely ahead of me........ for now! Muhahaa  :P
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Yard Sale

Aha, so that's why you went straight instead of turning right up the Hoot n Hollar, pushing to break 3:00. Video on the way!

What's funny is somebody later did the exact same thing, like he was riding in your tire tracks. I think it was Phil from Aftershocks riding Randall's GSXR600.

JENX!!!

^^Cool!!! I wanna see it from a diffrent angle., here's the video from my bike.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19SL4jRQDDI

Yard Sale

What was that, a false neutral?

The sound isn't so great on your video but like I said at the track, get on the gas on that short little bit between 15 and 15A instead of coasting. One free second. Same thing on the way into the bowl, sounds like 1/8 throttle.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: JENX!!! on June 22, 2009, 06:50:09 PM
^^Cool!!! I wanna see it from a diffrent angle., here's the video from my bike.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19SL4jRQDDI

Who's Carlo?
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

JENX!!!

^^^ some guy pitted across us...from cali. ;D