Wear your Gear

Started by karneybo, May 13, 2009, 07:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karneybo

I wasn't on this ride but damn good thing he's okay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ieLNt7jZLs
Carney

MotoPutz

DAMN!!!  so a red darango didnt want to be pasted a weaved out infront of them... is that what I heard?

JENX!!!

OMG!!!! :o
Brings back memories!!! I had almos the same exact injury on my left knee back in 04., only when they were cleaning it, I could feel everything and was ready to kill the nurse!!!! OUCH!!!!! ever since after that, I always wear knee and shin guards under my jeans.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

karneybo

Quote from: Putz on May 13, 2009, 08:27:41 PM
DAMN!!!  so a red darango didnt want to be pasted a weaved out infront of them... is that what I heard?
yeah that what I had heard thye driver od the darango didn't see them and tried to make a pass at the same time is what he clamed
Carney

MotoPutz

Rick Bay (BRA)

Jesus Christ!!! No coments.... :o :o :o

A DRAGON

Wow!  I don't know what to say :-[
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Sheldontoxicman

Thats a real eye opener how fast thangs can happen out there. :o Glad to see he is ok. ;D

Justin

i'm glad the video won't load.  I've seen too much of this sort of stuff.

nvgixxer

The same rider with the same rear fender mounted camera caught me on video going down last year. Got me to rethink the way I used to be so intent on trying to keep up with the much more experienced and aggressive riders I went out with. Well, no more worrying about the leaders disappearing around the curve for this old boy. I'm sitting back and intend to enjoy the ride, the scenery and great club member company from now on. At close to 65 years old, high time I started growing up. Aggressive type riding on the street (and yes, I'm also referring to the more than occassional double yellow passing I used to be guilty of), IMO, belongs on the track. I think back at all the sand/gravel chips I had on the frontal parts of the gixxer from following too close to the guy in front of me and it makes me shiver. No more of that unsafe riding style for me. The street riding style/pace of this club is much more safe and sane, the way it should be. I respect the fact that most of you experienced club members here save the fast stuff for where it belongs, at the track! Sorry for being long winded today, just my 2 cents worth.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Adiggity

Right on nvgixxer. I completely agree! The risk isn't worth it on the street to ride crazy. Too many variables. Not to mention the track is funner because you don't have to worry about getting popped for speeding, passing on a double yellow, ditches, telephone poles, culverts, cars, trucks....I could go on but I'm pretty sure you get the point. 8)

shep

We were accidental first responders on this wreck (I'm the one with the pink skull cap/black jacket in the first after-crash still and that's my son helping get him on the backboard (behind the older guy) later on). We were on our way to Tahoe for MD brunch, my son and his mom in the car and me following on my Tuono when we saw the telltale "bikers standing on both sides of the road" and pulled over to see if we could help - my son is a firefighter/EMT.

Glad to see that he came out without serious injury. If he'd had armored pants and a set of decent boots, he might have walked away.

BTW, the dude that pulled into him came back and told the story and turned himself in to the popo. He was  a very nice older gentleman who simply failed to look before pulling out to pass. He was taking his grandson to visit his dad in jail at the time. Very sad.
Ride with immaculate sanity.

n10sive

here is a picture of my shoulder from this weekend at RFR. THIS is WITH leathers on! Imagine what you would look like if you were not wearing the proper gear.

[attachment deleted by admin]
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Nice Dale, is that a "burn" or road rash?