Main Menu

Roll Call Bucks Lake 07/01/18

Started by GreenMachine, June 29, 2018, 01:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

North route departure - a full day's ride.

I completed this ride yesterday as coincidence would have it.  The road is still technically closed to thru traffic, but there is a bypass and/or a sign explaining that you continue at your own risk.

There is one roadway delay, possibly two.  They're repaving hwy 70 west of Graeagle, CA, and the bridge 3 miles east of Quincy is down to one lane in both directions.  Restrictions in the paving area are only in effect during re-paving, which I doubt they'll be doing on Sunday.

Planned 8:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  Should be reasonably hot weather for riding.  The sooner we can get this started the sooner we can be home.

This is one of our more fun full day rides (340 miles).  Pack accordingly.  A spare water supply would be handy.  Depending on how adventurous we are, I'm going to lobby to also ride out to hwy 32.

Bring your camera if you can. Gold Lake loop should have some great picture opportunities of Sierra Buttes.

Lunch stop ideas:  Graeagle or Quincy of course. 

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  Expect the group to depart on the ride as soon as everyone who has RSVP'ed is ready.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2018 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

oohhh boy!!!!

tally f-ing ho, sounds like a good day. there by 8 for my cappi OR not, depending.

:blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

eskiemong

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

I'M IN. CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE AGAIN.  I'LL BE THERE BY 8:30. HOPEFULLY WE'LL HAVE SOME OF THE OLD CREW COMING OUT. I GOT 2 ALREADY.  KYE AND ALBERTO. GONNA BE LIKE OLD TIMES.

SEE EVERYONE AT THE STARBUCKS ON MCCARRAN  ;) :cheers
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

I'll be surprised if Dragon isn't draggin this morning.  He still thinks he's in his 20s.  :hangover

eskiemong

It was a dynamic ride back on 89 for me (and Alberto&Roberto).  We saw a bear cub trying to cross the street, then a car pulled out in front of me and almost took me out. I had to swerve into the opposite lane to miss the car by inches...  :o

PAPASMURF

nice to read your reflexes are in good working order.  8)

:blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

:crazy

You would have been safer following Ps through the canyon on old La Porte road. 

GreenMachine

Didn't get home until around midnight.  Nothing to do with problems, there weren't any.  Every one of us rode like little angels, each taking turns leading.  What could possibly go wrong?  :evil1  By all accounts, the mood was gleefully casual.

No, Dragon had suggested we head back for dinner and MotoGP at his place.  He even had beer leftover from WSBK.  But two in our group had spousal obligations, which was understandable given the amount of miles and hours we had been away.  So it was left to the single riders to keep the day going.

"Okay, I'm in."  Just had to be our best WalMart shoppers at the local Winco, shopping in full leathers and helmet hair.

His roommate joined us on the back patio, where we placed one of his TVs on the patio table.  In the sun and wind shadow, it was just the right amount of breeze and conditions.

Didn't realize it was so late.  What a perfect day!  Thanks everyone!

eskiemong

Seriously! I may as well have stayed!  But my dogs were happy to see me  ;D. The GP was something though.  Exciting last few laps...

Team Gorgonzola

That one lady almost took you out, you swerved and avoided contact by maybe 4/5 inches..GREAT JOB!!

Then, as I was acceleration well into 90' to pass a white suburban, with Sue not far behind, the driver put the brakes on. I thought :"shit, he's going to turn left and cut me off, without using his blinkers....!! Except there was no left to go to, so I got on my brakes pretty hard, hoping Sue would see it, no problem. I guess he was trying to facilitate the pass as he was traveling pretty fast too.

Also I picked up the bike on the second or third right hand, on the way up, due to a lot of gravel, and after a quick check went across the lane. Haven't done that in so long, I cant remember last time..

Sorry I had to bail, stinking work!! Still had a great time with y'all. 
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Vegasrider

dub

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 03, 2018, 10:32:00 PMSorry I had to bail, stinking work!! Still had a great time with y'all.

The Gnocchi doesn't make itself.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Vegasrider on July 04, 2018, 08:06:43 AM
Another rider with a Multi?
Yep, lets meet up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-