Main Menu

Marquez's reputation

Started by rg500nut, June 04, 2018, 01:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

Troubled Italian GP for Petrucci
Tyre woes and fuel pump issues hamper Petrux's Mugello race - and THAT Marquez incident
Tags MotoGP, 2018, GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA OAKLEY, Danilo Petrucci
Danilo Petrucci (Alma Pramac Racing) went in search for his second consecutive podium of the season at the Gran Premio d'Italia Oakley, a venue he finished third at last year, but the Italian's race was disrupted with fuel pump issues, rear tyre woes and a first lap incident with Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team).

Starting from the middle of the second row at his home Grand Prix, Petrucci made a good start and was up to third on the exit from Turn 1. Marquez ran wide at the first corner, then lunged up the inside into Turn 2, forcing the Ducati rider to run wide and resulting in the number 9 losing half-a-dozen places. "I had a very good start, it's strange for me but I was focused today. I made up two positions but then at Turn 2 Marquez does what he always does and put me out of the track. It's unbelievable because I almost crashed and lost, I think, six or seven positions and so I passed the finish line on the first lap in P9, I was third at the first corner then I started to recover my position."

This was posted for GM............
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

I'm glad you mentioned something about it RG, to strongly point out where emphasis should be placed.  Thank you, it is my second.  And thank you for helping me prepare by riding some passes prior to the big date.

I should be able to get my receipts in early this year, now that I'm familiar with the formal process.  I could have started already, but I was unclear that some of the time-lapse pictures would even be worth putting the effort into.   And that's why I'm running late.  I'm mesmerized by slideshowing and reliving the adventure.  Gasp!  The coast is so beautiful!  In some ways this ride was covering familiar territory, but in the fact it was recorded differently and in other ways the certification process required several more proof-of corner-points for a different final leg, it carries its own uniqueness too.

As it is, GoPro makes an exceptional product and probably greater than 99% of the pictures I've sampled came out quite clear, thank you very much!  I haven't seen the video footage yet taken from another camera, but it should be of decent quality as well.

There's about four hours though that is in almost complete pitch darkness.  There may be a CGI way to enhance that media or so I am hoping.  For much of the daylight footage, the instrument panel with the current time is clearly visible.  Condensing 19.5 hours into 15 minutes or less, will be my goal.  An uncondensed Blu-Ray DVD version will be burned as well to relive endlessly, like two others I've done for SparkyGixxer and DR1150 (and others) on previous epic SSA rides.  It'll be for when I'm old and grey, sitting in my wheelchair all slumped over, thinking damn!  We lived when we had the chance!

About the only downside thus far is that while returning to my normal awake hours, I'm feeling a bit jet-lagged today.  It was with tremendous joy that I got to spend the whole day with friends and getting carried away with the moment (thx SLMOTO & J., A Dragon, Richvee4 & M.), I should have been more mindful that my euphoria may have been an illusion.  I should have called it an early night, but I share no regrets.  This weekend was a 10 out of 10 for all things I have control over.  Sometimes it's just better to live in the moment while surrounded by supportive friends and let the euphoria run its course.

Another busy week ahead, but if you can imagine, I'll be reliving and comparing this ride to the last for many days, weeks, months and years to come.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

What's going on here? You typed out a 6 paragraph reply that has nothing to do with the original post.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

And as for Tom's post, Marquez's reputation is that he does whatever he wants all the time. Run people off the track? Crash them out? No problem, he's the golden boy. That's why he's getting boo'd by fans at every track.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Smiling is contagious with Marc.  :laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j91yWTXpfug

QuoteMARC MARQUEZ is amazing! He does what nobody else does with the bike. Impossible to watch this video and not laugh with him. Such a great and humble guy!
QuoteSuch intelligent explanation of his race. Well done Marc world champion x
QuoteHit 👍🏻 if you think Marquez I'll break all rossi's record 🏆
QuoteSuch a great guy off the track. But a beast on the track. Well done mighty MARK 👑
QuoteI am a Marc Marquez fan but I love all riders and MotoGP! They all together make this epic! So lucky to witness this era!
QuotePay up Cal! lol
QuoteMM : Magnificent Marquez
QuoteIf you enjoy Mark style, hit 👍
QuoteClever and humble rider
QuoteSo charming! Hearing him, speaking straight english was a delight 😊 stay grounded! Best race so far!
QuoteGreatest rider in the world by such a long way
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.