Main Menu

Saturday ride possibities..........July 19

Started by nvgixxer, July 18, 2008, 04:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

Good ride today! Missed Putz and NoLeftTurn. We rode Hwy 88 to the Emmigrant Trail, then NFS-7 across to Kyburz, then to Ice House. The day was pretty warm so we did not go all the way into Georgetown. We opted to turn around at the reservoir and come back. Hwy 50 was a ZOO!

Got a little over my head in a corner today trying to film Jimbo and Ralphy. Nearly killed myself. I posted an account and short video of it on BARF

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Sorry I ended up not being able to make it guys. There was alot I needed to get accomplished today so I just decided to take care of duties here.

Glad you made it out of the close call in one piece Dale.

Justin

thanks for posting that video and sharing the story.  I think it serves as a great reminder for veterans and a good lesson for the newer rider. 

n10sive

Here are some pix of the ride:

n10sive, NvGixer and Timex

Nice little swim/fish spot on NFS-7

Timex, Ralph and NvGixer

Silverfork Creek

Intersection of Ice House and Wentworth

MotoPutz

nvgixxer

We did have a swell time! Dale was ear-to-ear grin on his first ride on Ice House / Wentworth Springs road and did a great job piloting his big Beemer down there. My "weekday" riding bro Ralph was on vacation, so I invited him and his 02 busa to come along with us. It was nice to finally meet Chris (Timex) who rode all the from Spanish Springs to join us! Nice R1 Chris!!
Here is a pic of us standing on a bridge down by Silverforks. Note the absense of smoke...................finally! :)
Double click the pic for full size.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

nvgixxer

Whew!! I just looked at your "pucker moment" video Dale! I'm soooo very glad it turned out OK!! Man O live!!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

MotoPutz

Quote from: nvgixxer on July 20, 2008, 06:59:46 AMHere is a pic of us standing on a bridge down by Silverforks. Note the absense of smoke...................finally! :)

You say that but Dale looks like he got plenty of "smoke" in that pic

n10sive

yeah...you know us old guys...sittin' down by the river gettin' high high HIGH!  :D

MotoPutz

Timex

It was great riding with you guys.  Saw the video.  Very glad that your ok Dale.  Anytime you southern boys want to ride, I'm there.  I'll try and keep up!