Main Menu

Cop warning: Wentworth

Started by yzinger, July 13, 2008, 02:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

A harley (not capitalized on purpose) rider that I know pretty well says that the CHP has been making a presence this season and is, "Nailing riders to the wall." I havn't seen one up there this year yet, but just be on ur toes.

Timex

Was up on Ice House today, and didn't see any.  Lots of local sheriffs though.

yzinger

nvgixxer

Quote from: Timex on July 13, 2008, 09:12:45 PM
Same thing I noticed two weeks ago............a couple sheriffs on Ice House, but no LEOs on the Wentworth section.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

n10sive

Quote from: nvgixxer on July 14, 2008, 06:34:27 AM
Quote from: Timex on July 13, 2008, 09:12:45 PM
Same thing I noticed two weeks ago............a couple sheriffs on Ice House, but no LEOs on the Wentworth section.

Just out of curiosity...is their a difference? Both are cops (LEO's) and both can give you a ticket. So I am not understanding the inference that it is OK to ride fast because there are only sheriffs there versus CHP?
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

nvgixxer

Ok Dale, pay attention young man!  ;D When you turn onto Ice House Road from hwy 50, you soon run into a lot of vacation activity; hiking trails, camp sites and all the motor traffic associated with said activity...........thus increased LEO presense along that route.
What makes Wentworth Springs Road it's self a sports bike rider's dream is that when you reach that intersection with Ice House Road you say goodbye to the vaction crowds. What greets you is a lot of wonderful, very low cager traffic twisties that eventually wind up at Georgetown.  I have ridden this section many times over the years and have yet to see one single LEO on this track like section of road.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

n10sive

Quote from: nvgixxer on July 14, 2008, 08:55:15 AM
Ok Dale, pay attention young man!  ;D When you turn onto Ice House Road from hwy 50, you soon run into a lot of vacation activity; hiking trails, camp sites and all the motor traffic associated with said activity...........thus increased LEO presense along that route.
What makes Wentworth Springs Road it's self a sports bike rider's dream is that when you reach that intersection with Ice House Road you say goodbye to the vaction crowds. What greets you is a lot of wonderful, very low cager traffic twisties that eventually wind up at Georgetown.  I have ridden this section many times over the years and have yet to see one single LEO on this track like section of road.

But I still want to know the difference between saying "No CHP BUT only a few Sheriff's" ...both can give tickets...so I was asking...why is there a distinction being made? Are the sheriffs sitting there eating donuts and not caring about tearing up Wentworth?  ;D

repsol71

POSER511 and I are up there all the time, during the week and weekends, have not seen any Leos at all this season, but then again when we are up there on the weekends we are there by 7:30 and gone by 11:00 and in the evenings after 6:00pm.
I am always ready to rip!!!

yzinger

Talked to a CHP buddy who rides motors in that area. he says they are trying to make a biger presence on Wentworth, but it is hard, especially on weekends. Because if they are needed code 3 somewhere else (50 for example) it is a LONG way (for a crown vic). if you are on by 0730 and off by 1130, then you should be fine. he did say keep it under control on Ice House because of the increased activity (which I hope that most of us are already doing.)

repsol71

Yeah I'm with you on that, usually see the Sheriff, we normally don't hit Ice House, we come from Shingle Springs and go up Marshall Grade to Georgetown, it puts you right behind the store/gas station

repsol71

yzinger, where do you live now, are you in Calif? We should hook up and go for a rip, I work in Roseville now at the Automall, Autowest Dodge. Let me know when you are over here or can get away, I am off Wed and Thur this week.

Timex

Ok n10sive, here it is.  You're right both can and do give tickets.  The Sheriff's main function is to keep an eye on the vacation activity.  Investigate crimes, keep general order, etc.  The CHP is primarily there for US!!!  Yzinger is right also.  Because of the location it's hard for a unit to stay up there for to long.  Sometimes they will designate a unit or two to be up there all day, usually on holliday weekends.  And lastly, PLEASE HEED YZINGERS warning.  A friend of SSA did alot of damage to his new Aprilia Sunday after a truck took a corner wide!

n10sive

Thanks Timex. That is what I was looking for.  ;) CHP are there to nab bikes, Sheriffs not so much.

yzinger

haha...sheriff, or sherriff, or sheriff, whatever. WILL wright you a ticket too...but, they usually just tell you to cool it. depends on the dude(or chick) but ya, CHP is there to meet quota's, sheriff is there to keep the peace.

Repsol I actually live in Reno now. I used to live in Placerville so WentWorth was my backyard!

repsol71

Yeah I used to live in Cameron Park, right off of Cambridge, Salmon Falls, 193 all those killer roads, I am staying in Lincoln right now but if you ever want to rip up there just let me know.