Main Menu

Converting to track bike-

Started by Justin, July 11, 2008, 12:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

I'll be putting on the new race fairings, and the clip ons this weekend.
I think I'm going to need a front stand to take of the stock bars. I am going to be frustrated, but i'm looking forward to the project.

Justin

nvgixxer

Put it off for a week or so and come on down for the Sonora Pass Sunday ride!  :)
But.........sigh..............so far, Ian and me are the only two I know of that plan to go.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Oneup

Which clipons did you get.  Also if you need help give me a call.  I am in Reno and I have all my tools.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

T

Shouldnt need a front stand for the bars, but you can borrow one if you need.  We also got in the Baxley stands as well finally.  Call if you need any help.  Remember to use a bigger hammer!!!  Anything can fit.

Oneup

just be careful when you change the clipons that you keep the forks straight in the triple clamps. You will have to remove the upper triple to remove the stock clipons. Make sure the upper triple is back on and tight before putting the new clipons on
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

yeah.  All reports say that there are no suitable clip ons yet.  Woodcraft has the eternal wait for availabilty.
It seems that all the racers are using stock bars. :(

weavefish

Bike looks good though buddy  ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

Wow good thing I never converted my street bike to track only 5 years ago. Where's the love? Or are you thinking of just yourself?............LOL  I'm gonna miss you on the Sunday Rides :'(
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 16, 2008, 05:34:32 AM
Wow good thing I never converted my street bike to track only 5 years ago. Where's the love? Or are you thinking of just yourself?............LOL  I'm gonna miss you on the Sunday Rides :'(

i didnt even think about that  :'(
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

that bike+me+the street= trouble,  I know it.  I want a bike for adventure touring, but until then, See you at the track.
Justino

Adiggity

Quote from: Justino on July 18, 2008, 01:01:06 AM
that bike+me+the street= trouble,  I know it.  I want a bike for adventure touring, but until then, See you at the track.
Justino
Good on you for recognizing that Justin.  8)

n10sive

Justino

I you wouldn't wear those damn pink shirts while riding it you wouldn't be in trouble! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

Quote from: Adiggity on July 18, 2008, 09:52:45 AM
Justino
Good on you for recognizing that Justin.  8)
I didn't get to be 36 years old by being a moron. (well occasionally, maybe)