Main Menu

SSA camping at Boca

Started by MotoPutz, July 08, 2008, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

What about Buck's Lake? That highway 162 is an awesome ride! And it is a wonderful lake. Not that Boca isn't, just an idea. And when is this supposed to happen?

Justin

Close to home means close to LaVecchia's
I live in Squaw Valley and Greg lives in Napa. The wine place, NOT the auto parts place

MotoPutz

Quote from: Adiggity on July 09, 2008, 04:00:11 PM
when is this supposed to happen?

Second or first weekend in September I believe is what was discussed.

Quote from: Adiggity on July 09, 2008, 04:00:11 PM
What about Buck's Lake? That highway 162 is an awesome ride!

I will have a look around the area and see what good campgrounds could accomidate us.

Noleftturn

I really want to go on this trip sounds like it is going to be a blast!

MotoPutz

Quote from: Noleftturn on July 14, 2008, 01:46:00 PM

Thanks for the reply, now if I can get all the other lazy butts to reply if they want to go or have any ideas...   :-\

weavefish

now now putz  :'(  you know im gonna be there if i can. i dont really care as long as there are good roads and some nice views ;D oh and as long as jerome doesnt bring his carpet lol
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

Quote from: Putz on July 14, 2008, 10:17:12 PM

Thanks for the reply, now if I can get all the other lazy butts to reply if they want to go or have any ideas...   :-\

"If you build it...they will come"  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Quote from: n10sive on July 14, 2008, 10:26:09 PM
Quote from: Putz on July 14, 2008, 10:17:12 PM

"If you build it...they will come"  :D

Yeah but concidering this is an all inclusive event (BYOB), its going to be an RSVP type event. Hence the need to know...  enough for one site? two? three? 5 wienies or 50?

Team Gorgonzola

If I am camping I am not riding. I like my camping "posh"; I bring my 3 burner camp cooker, wine and a pony keg, water (enough for coffee and tea as well) and I want freshly cooked dinner and breakfast the next day. I would also bring my McGregor 22' sailboat and the family (not necessarily in that order), and that's camping to me.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Team Gorgonzola

If this is an SSA sanctioned event, I believe thorough planning is a must ;)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

MotoPutz

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 14, 2008, 10:41:04 PM
If I am camping I am not riding. I like my camping "posh"; I bring my 3 burner camp cooker, wine and a pony keg, water (enough for coffee and tea as well) and I want freshly cooked dinner and breakfast the next day. I would also bring my McGregor 22' sailboat and the family (not necessarily in that order), and that's camping to me.

You don't have to ride... I will probaby send my fincee with my truck with my camping stuff but I like to ride. We want people to bring boats and jet skies or what ever's your pleasure. Some people might even be willing to share. That would be great.

n10sive

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 14, 2008, 10:41:04 PM

Hey! A fellow biker AND sailor! cool. I had a San Juan 21 and  Corsair F-28....the sportbike of sail boats  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 14, 2008, 10:43:22 PM
If this is an SSA sanctioned event, I believe thorough planning is a must ;)

Agreed...

Adiggity

Quote from: Putz on July 13, 2008, 12:19:13 AM
Second or first weekend in September I believe is what was discussed.
No can do for me that weekend. That is right in the middle of elk season.

Noleftturn

Like I said earleir Count me in as long as I don't have to work hard to say yet.