Main Menu

SSA camping at Boca

Started by MotoPutz, July 08, 2008, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

So we were thinking about setting up a overnight camping trip hosted by the association. We were thinking about using a Boca campground (most likely the southern site), getting a few sites and having SSA members and immediate family come for food and fun.

Possibly we can get some boats or jet skis to be brought so we can make the most of our beautiful lakes. Spend the night (saturday night). We can have a ride the day before and end up out at the lake.

This is open for thought or suggestions. Do you have a better campground in mind? Ride suggestions?

SJ2477

I've got a motorhome and 18 ft boat and am 30 minutes away from Pyramid.  Not the best for riding around but a nice lake eitherway.

Justin

Hey Luke, Boca is a reservoir.   While Donner is a lake.  A very, very cold lake

MotoPutz

Quote from: Justino on July 08, 2008, 04:26:17 PM
Hey Luke, Boca is a reservoir.   While Donner is a lake.  A very, very cold lake

Thank you nerd.

Timex

Some friends were up at Stampeede, said it was great!  Alittle cooler but still warm enough to want to get in the water.  Hey SJ2477,  I think you live right by me.  Seeing as how the house in the background of your pic is almost identical to mine.  Always looking for neighbors to ride with.

MotoPutz

So, no favorite camp sites from anyone? Or just random thoughts?

A DRAGON

I think Boca would be fantastic. I need to be around clean water. I heard the camp sites were first come first serve basis. If that's the case we would have to get our site by Friday morning and go from there. If you have a boat or Jet Ski bring it out. Let's do this right.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

urvaius

I may take the kids up there sat and camp if everyone is going to. sounds like fun. I have a little raft. hehe
Dave Arneson

n10sive

I'm partial to down south, but there are some group sites at places like "Indian Creek" or "Wolf Creek" down by Markleeville. You could camp there and do a day ride down over Ebbetts, Sonora and Monitor for the day.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

We were trying to keep it close to home, I know how nervious people get when they venture too far for too long. Boca is less then an hour away.

And I know that I have seen reserved sites on the south campground before so I am pretty sure that shouldnt be a problem.

Oneup

Quote from: Putz on July 09, 2008, 08:42:12 AM
We were trying to keep it close to home, I know how nervious people get when they venture too far for too long. Boca is less then an hour away.

With that said I want to do lake Berryessa.  Twenty minutes from my house and incredible riding all around.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

MotoPutz

People in other states don't get a say!!! 

(Sorry Justin)

Oneup

Why are you saying sorry to him!  He is in the same state as me.  Oh and depending on the weekend I might come up for this.  Some of us aren't afraid to venture too far from home.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

We were trying to keep it close to home,

Close to WHO's home?  :P
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Quote from: Oneup on July 09, 2008, 09:16:51 AM
Why are you saying sorry to him!  He is in the same state as me.  Oh and depending on the weekend I might come up for this.  Some of us aren't afraid to venture too far from home.

I was saying sorry to him because I was forced to lump him together with you.

Quote from: n10sive on July 09, 2008, 02:00:35 PM
We were trying to keep it close to home,

Close to WHO's home?  :P

I know some live another 45 min south of Reno and so its about an hour 15 for you but thats still really not bad.