Main Menu

Ride Report

Started by KKM, April 28, 2013, 06:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KKM

Went over 88 , stay off the center line as it is still sanded all the way to Silver Lake. Right to Volcano  , Fiddletown and to 49. All is good. 49 south and left on 26 all the way to 88. Best road of the day. A good day till I got to Foothill rd and just past Kingbury passing a car at about 50mph than the bitch turns left right in front of me. I am 8-10ft from her bumper. No blinker no shit. As I slid by she turned back right as I was headed right for her door. As we sat their looking at each other she did wave at me so I guess that makes it ok.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

GreenMachine

Are you alright?  Anytime I read sliding, that doesn't sound good.  Makes me think lowside.  Hopefully it was to be read as you slid the rear tire and came up along side her driver's door. 

Makes me worried too.  SkydiverDCM said a solo rider went down on either La Porte or Oro/Quincy Hwy.  Went off the mountain and wasn't found for two days.  He's dead of course.  Can't find any news of it at the moment.  He said it happened on Saturday.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

KKM

GM , I did slide the bike a little sideways as I was moving to the left. Stayed upright just fine. This happened in two parts. Hammer the brakes going straight. Second let off the brakes turn left to avoid the door and back on the brakes again. Damm this shit happens fast.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

Tahoebrian5

Nothing like an early season pucker up to keep your senses sharp!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.