Main Menu

RFR Configuration preference

Started by Adiggity, June 12, 2008, 10:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Here it is ladies and gents. Now we should get an idea of everyone's opinion.

Course A

Course B

Course C

Course F

Course H

Adiggity

Just an FYI for y'alls. On the outside of turn 19 is a wall, and it isn't far from the track. There is a potential safety issue there.

russtman

Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

MotoPutz

What if you cut out turns 1-9 and come up the slide...

Adiggity

Quote from: scotinexcile on June 12, 2008, 11:56:14 AM
Not sure how difficult coming down the Hoot and Hollar would be?
I don't know how difficult it would be but I know it sounds fun. The only problem I can think of is the corner worker station would be right in the impact zone for that corner... :(

russtman

I have a great idea........   LETS RUN THE  C configuration!!!!!!!!  :D

Yard Sale

Why the hell is this not an option? Like all elections, the poll is rigged!

I have run config H with Keigwin and RFR test/tune and I've run some anonymous config with Cascade Track Time that had us not going up hoot n hollar but instead going to the bowl from there. It was horrendous.

Config H eliminates my most disliked portion of the track, between turns 11 and 14. But it adds nothing in return and shortens the track, making traffic much more of a problem.

Running the Z2 August race config might benefit 4-8 of us who will race it. But Z2 will probably run it for their track day prior to the race. See above about the short track and traffic.

Adiggity

What I want to know is, How does Russ feel about it?

russtman

Here we go AGAIN.   ----- you big shit stirrer !!!!!    :D

PS---  I'm tellin Jerome.  :P

n10sive

You don't want to do the A course. You'll have too many crashes in 19. That is a TOUGH corner (coming downhill) that will cause lots of people to wash their front ends out IMO.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

russtman

If you want to know how I feel about Andy ---lets listen to what the POLL is saying. 

IT'S  LOUND AND CLEAR -----   C  COURSE.    ;D

russtman

ALthough if we want to count the votes from FLORIDA and MICHIGAN, we might could sway the vote some. ( but they have been thrown out. ) ----LOL    8)

russtman

I dont know if you have heard me say this or not , but I propose  we just cut out all the dangerous ideas and turns,  and ride C course....... ::)

Adiggity

Ok, since Russ is the only one who voted for A, it looks like the rest of you are liking the C configuration. So what is it about C that you don't like Russ??....

mase

I have rode A, B, C and F.  In my opinion a is the most fun but 19 is very dangerous for B and C riders.  I've watched a few people get hurt on that one. 

B is O.K. but you loose the peanut and that one is just a ball of fun and one of the only good right hand turns on the course.

For those reasons I would go with C.

Then again I wont be there for this one, I can't get the day off work.
Sean Mason